The Hills: Explaining Heidi & Its Los Angeles Scene

• Thread starter jackmell
  • Start date
In summary, In this conversation, the speaker talks about the show The Hills and how it is their favorite show. They mention that it was their favorite show because it was complicated why. They also mention that there are deal-breakers and strike-outs to look out for when you find a guy.
jackmell
I only caught the second episode of this season. Can anyone explain Heidi to me? I have a theory but not sure about it: I think it's that Hollywood playboy husband of hers that compels her subconsciously to do it but I'm not sure. Anyone see when she walked into the party with that red dress . . . Jesus . . . poor Heidi. And people are making her mom out to be a monster for telling her she looked better before. Never knew there was such a thing as "H". Guess they go all the way to "Z". And Spence? Do brothers not care to see their lil' sis cry? Maybe something's up with them I don't know about. Still, if he doesn't understand that then how is he going to treat Heidi? Pretty crummy seems to me. I would never have agreed with her to do it. What's up with the crystals anyway? Jesus dude! Stephanie seems to me to be the sharpest of the bunch and Kristin is still a role-model for girls I think even with that scene last season in the strip club kissing Stacy and having a lap-dance. It was Vegas. Not like they do that all the time.

But it is after all Hollywood and in this world there's real and make-believe.

Physics news on Phys.org
OH MY GOD! I LOVE THE HILLS! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
oh my god! I'm so happy someone else likes them too! I am so obsessed with them right now! I am on season 6! AH!

you know what tho - physics forum might be even more addictive than the hills! shock horror! I haven't watched any all day!

and, if you like the hills, you might like The City - its about Whitney's life. I'm going to check it out after I finish season 6.

What am I suppose to do with this? Ok, you got me alright. I think some that saw that other thread might think, "this one's yours Jack. You started it by messin' with her and her job, now deal with it."

But I did answer her question up there. She just didn't read between the lines.

This thread however is kinda old and you know The Hills got canceled right? I know about Whitney's show but don't watch it. I liked The Hills a lot though. It was my favorite show on TV. Kinda' complicated why.

I probably would not want to start an on-going dialog about it now though because I'd have to watch the shows again and I'm really not interested in doing that.

ok, ok, I know you just want the best for me! well, I plan on going to the library today! yeah!
I'm still happy to find a GUY who likes the hills tho!

nucleargirl said:
ok, ok, I know you just want the best for me! well, I plan on going to the library today! yeah!
I'm still happy to find a GUY who likes the hills tho!

I hope then you find one your own age or no more than a few years older than you because I'm pretty sure I'm as old as your dad or even older but unfortunately I often talk like a young guy mostly I think because that's how I talk to my son. And once you find that guy, always, always be on the lookout for red flags, deal-breakers, and strike-outs. Say Stephanie, sharp-looking girl goes to dinner with her new motorcycle boe and how does he show up? Kinda' sloppy-looking with some stupid-looking hat on his head. Dawg, are you serious? Stephanie, what's the matter with you girl! You ain't that desperate. Alright, deal-breaker, not even three. Take me home . . .

Last edited:
jackmell said:
And once you find that guy, always, always be on the lookout for red flags, deal-breakers, and strike-outs. Say Stephanie, sharp-looking girl goes to dinner with her new motorcycle boe and how does he show up? Kinda' sloppy-looking with some stupid-looking hat on his head. Dawg, are you serious? Stephanie, what's the matter with you girl! You ain't that desperate. Alright, deal-breaker, not even three. Take me home . . .

What? look out for red flags? what kind of things are deal-breakers? when should I look out for them - always?

oh and Stephanie! she is SO desperate! she's the only single one out of all of them! and she is not smart either - she just agrees with everyone!
I think Lo is pretty smart - and she tries to be fair at least.
Kristin is the worst of all - just mean!
Whitney and Lauren are the best role models from the show, in my opinion anyway.

is it that when guys think they have you, then they stop trying to be nice and start being all sloppy and mean? cos that would suck...

I love the hills so much! after I finish season 6 I'm going to watch it all again! starting from season 1!

nucleargirl said:
What? look out for red flags? what kind of things are deal-breakers? when should I look out for them - always?

Come on. You know what I'm talkin' about. Guys, and how they disappoint you and how they try and act like someone they are not just to get you but once they get you their true colors start to bleed through so gotta' watch out for signs of what they are really like cus' once they get you, your heart gets in the way of your common sense and you might overlook a weakness they have that you might not if your heart weren't involved. Deal-breaker is anything they do that is just not forgivable like cheating, hurting you, not defending you, finding out he's an alcoholic or drug user, or anything else you so choose it to be. Red flag is a sign of something not good: you go out on a first date and he drinks 4 or 5 beers. "Dang dawg! Our first date and you still can't behave!" That's a sign (red-flag) that he probably has a drinking habit. Better dump him now. See heart thing above. Strike is something he does that disappoints you but it's not too bad but if he does enough of them, probably not gonna' work out in the long run so just dump him while you can.

oh and Stephanie! she is SO desperate! she's the only single one out of all of them! and she is not smart either - she just agrees with everyone!
I think Lo is pretty smart - and she tries to be fair at least.
Kristin is the worst of all - just mean!
Whitney and Lauren are the best role models from the show, in my opinion anyway.

Ok, but I think Kristin is a role model too. She's smart, and stands up for herself and doesn't let guys or girls push her around. I can't think of a single scene where she was being mean and not provoked into it or anything she did that was inappropriate including that little thing at the strip club with Stacy as I'm pretty sure both girls are mid-20's. Ugh . . . maybe a little bit though but not enough to knock her off my role-model list.

thanks for the advice! I will keep an eye out for them!
so how long would it take before a guy shows his true colours? should I be vigilent always? or just until we are married? would a guy hide it until you have kids with them and then let it all out? cos that would be really bad...

like this is my plan (to get guys):
first you find someone you think is great, but you don't tell them you like them, so you are watching them silently from afar.. and you observe. (lol! stalking!) - see this way they won't be pretending to be anyone else cos they don't know you like them!
If your theories are confirmed, and they really are a great guy, then you try to be friends with them - just friends. and you get to know them properly.
If that goes well, then you go out with them!
good plan?

ok, about Kirstin - yeah she won't ever get bullied, but she's just a live wire! ready to explode! - like Audrina just wanted to talk to her about Justin at that party, and she just starts shouting and swearing! its a bit unnecessary! she should not get angry so quickly, and she should be nice to Mickaela! - the girl's new to the city, and she probably thought Brody was a good guy...
and come on, Kristin is such a player! - she would go out with a guy you like just to get back at you or just to use the guy for fun!
but apart from that, yeah ok, she is a good model on how to behave to not get bullied...

Never let your guard down even when you're married, For example, a friend of mine got married. Oh he wined-and-dined her during their courtship but it was fake just to get her! How I know this? Because she told me! Something like, "yeah, he was so fun and exciting while we were going out but once we got married, he changed and just wanted to sit home and watch football. They got divorced in two years. I'm pretty sure this sort of thing, when a guy changes when he get's married, happens more than just rarely.

Then there's the controlling, possessive, paranoid, suspicious, isolating kind? Yeah, they don't show it when you first go out with them but after a while some get possessive and don't want you even lookin' at another guy or heaven's sake, even talking to some other guy, and they check up on you relentlessly when you go somewhere. So another firend of mine goes out joging. A little latter a guy jogs by their home. When she comes back, her guy is all suspicious that she's seeing that guy and they get in a big fight. See what I mean? A girl has to go out of her way to try and spot red-flags that give her a hint her new guy might turn into that sort of guy and immediately terminate the relationship if she suspects so.

Need to get that stuff straight with him from the get-go: "just how are you really?" Ever been violent with a girl? Like drinkin'? Smoke pot? Football? Golf? Hunting? I ain't into that 'I'm gonna' be a widow during hunting season, or football season cus' my guy is spending all his time doin' that"' sort of thing you know? Are you the suspicious type? Ever cheated?" So tell me now if you gonna' be watchin' football all day long three days a week, yeah Monday too, for what? like nine months out of the year now! Jesus, or be suspicious of me if I go to the store, or if there's any chance at all of you being violent with me while we're together or any of that other stuff that makes a relationship unhealthy cus' I ain't into it one bit. You got that? And if you lie to me and say you're not and I find out you are, then . . . and that's another thing. Some guys don't let their girl go. You know what I mean? Are you one of those guys? We break-up, we break-up or would you have a problem with that? Tell me now cus' I ain't goin' with no guy that can't accept a break-up without going crazy on me."

Ok, now Kristin: I agree she was kinda' mean in that scene with Audrina but it was over a guy. Same dif' with Mickela. Jade too. They're after her man you know.

I like Kristin. I think she's a strong woman.

1. What is "The Hills" about?

"The Hills" is a reality television show that follows the lives of a group of young adults living in Los Angeles, specifically focusing on the main character, Heidi Montag, and her friends as they navigate their personal and professional lives.

2. Is "The Hills" a scripted show?

While "The Hills" is presented as a reality show, it has been revealed that some scenes and storylines are scripted and planned by the producers for entertainment purposes. However, the show still features real people and their real lives.

3. Who is Heidi Montag and why is she significant in "The Hills"?

Heidi Montag is the main character of "The Hills." She is a young woman who moved from her hometown in Colorado to Los Angeles to pursue a career in the entertainment industry. She is significant in the show because she is the focus of many storylines and her relationships with other cast members drive the plot forward.

4. Where does "The Hills" take place?

"The Hills" takes place in Los Angeles, California. The show primarily showcases the city's trendy neighborhoods, such as Hollywood, Beverly Hills, and Santa Monica, as well as popular hangout spots for young adults in the area.

5. Is "The Hills" an accurate representation of life in Los Angeles?

While "The Hills" portrays a specific group of young adults living in Los Angeles, it cannot be considered an accurate representation of life in the city as a whole. The show focuses on a privileged and glamorous lifestyle that is not reflective of the experiences of all residents in Los Angeles.