Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The history of the chicken

1. Sep 27, 2008 #1
    I'm watching a show on PBS right now called "The History of the Chicken" and I'm pretty sure that the woman who loves her pet chicken is the craziest woman I've ever seen. Please, watch this show if possible and if you ever come across this woman slap her as hard as you possibly can. She's putting underwear on her rooster for god's sake.
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 27, 2008 #2
    ps. no cock jokes
  4. Sep 27, 2008 #3
    Nevermind, every one of the people on this show is nuts. From the woman who gave mouth to beak to a frozen chicken to the man who is amazed by a chicken's cleverness.I can't watch this crap anymore. forget I ever said anything.
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2008
  5. Sep 27, 2008 #4

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Wow. LOL

Did anyone in the show comment on rainbows being visible in lawn sprinklers?
  6. Sep 27, 2008 #5
    While some of them are surely kooks, chickens are really smart and have distinct personalities...
  7. Sep 27, 2008 #6

Homework Helper

How far back are they going on the chicken history? To the Jurassic? They had some mighty big chickens.

The presumption is that if you cooked up a T-Rex that it would taste like chicken. I wonder if that is the origin for modern enjoyment of the meat?
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?