Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The hoard of the Rings: Zaentz gets 168 million dollars

1. Aug 31, 2005 #1

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Some of the squabbles over how the immense profits from the "Lord of the Rings" are to be divided, have now been settled out of court, according to this article:
    http://news.independent.co.uk/world/americas/article309203.ece
    Still, a lot of quarrels remain; in particular, Peter Jackson&Fran Walsh think they have been short-thrifted on DVD-sales.

My,my..

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 31, 2005 #2
    Yes, it's hard to get by when you're the highest-paid director of all time. You need all the extra cash you can get.

4. Sep 2, 2005 #3

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Jackson close to 100 million dollars settlement?

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3395540a1870,00.html
    I know, we can all agree that the figures we're dealing with are insane, and that either one of us could happily have settled for the 200 million dollars or so Peter Jackson already has earned on his master-piece.

But:
    Even though these figures are hallucinatory and in quite a different order of magnitude than most PF'ers paychecks, shouldn't we still recognize P.J,.'s right to have the contract signed with New Line actually fulfilled?

Last edited: Sep 2, 2005
  5. Sep 3, 2005 #4

honestrosewater

Gold Member

I guess they should get what they are owed, but it's disturbing that some people can earn so much more than others.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?