Is It Time to Say Goodbye to Fun and Hello to Studying?

• Thread starter Cyrus
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolved around the speaker's recent fun and exciting experiences, such as going on trips and playing poker tournaments. However, the speaker's fun has come to an end as they are starting school again and have to take the GRE. The conversation also included a humorous discussion about the meaning of "honeymoon" and "vinegar sun".
Cyrus
The Honeymoon is over :(

Well, finally FINALLY I had a relaxing break. I went with some friends to Atlantic City and had a Blast. Then I went to a club in DC for new years and had a blast, woke up 3 hours later and caught a flight to California and had a blast for 10 days. Then I got back home and have been playing in poker tournaments at the local Bars every single night for 6 hours a day meeting cool people and having a blast. But alas, school starts tomorrow and my fun has come to an end.

Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn...:mad: :mad: :mad: Oh, and I am taking a controls lab which makes me full time student again. Double DAMNNNNNNNNNNNN!

Oh, and I am starting to look at the GRE today, and there are all these words I don't know. (D'OH! :grumpy: ) I don't need to take the GRE, but I figure it can't hurt to expand my vocabulary anyways. Then I can start talking like Warren or Danger. :tongue2:

Triple DAMNNNNNN!

...wonk wonk wonk...:frown:

Physics news on Phys.org
Hail to the vinegar sun! :smile:

wow, I've been back in school for over two weeks already!

Math Is Hard said:
wow, I've been back in school for over two weeks already!

Haaa Haaa!

I finished on December 19 start again on Jan 24th.

Now if you will excuse me, its almost 7 PM, and I am going to go play some more poker while I still can. :biggrin:

I got first place on one tournament and I got a first place t-shirt that says the bars name, the name of the poker leauge, (Battle of the Bars Gamings Series), and "Poker Champion".

Last edited:
arildno said:

What does this mean? :smile:

cyrusabdollahi said:
Haaa Haaa!

I finished on December 19 start again on Jan 24th.

Now if you will excuse me, its almost 7 PM, and I am going to go play some more poker while I still can. :biggrin:

:cry:
oh, rub it in. Why don't you make yourself useful and finish my homework?

cyrusabdollahi said:
What does this mean? :smile:

It is the opposite of a honey moon, silly.

arildno said:

arildno said:
It is the opposite of a honey moon, silly.

:rofl: I've never heard that expression before, but I like it! So, is a vinegar sun like when you wake up the next morning and turn the lights on and see what you're sleeping next to with clear eyes? :rofl:

I would think so, yes. And also the effect sharp sunbeams have on bleary, weary eyes the day after.

What does "The Honeymoon is over" mean?

The phrase "The Honeymoon is over" is often used to describe the end of the initial excitement and passion in a relationship or situation. It signifies a transition from the honeymoon phase to a more realistic and possibly challenging phase.

How long does the honeymoon phase typically last?

The duration of the honeymoon phase can vary greatly depending on the individuals and their relationship. It can last anywhere from a few months to a couple of years. However, it is important to note that the honeymoon phase is not a fixed timeline and can come and go throughout a relationship.

What are some signs that the honeymoon phase is over?

Some common signs that the honeymoon phase is over include a decrease in physical intimacy, less frequent expressions of love and affection, and a shift towards more realistic and potentially challenging aspects of the relationship. Conflicts and disagreements may also become more common as the initial excitement wears off.

Can the honeymoon phase return?

While the initial passion and excitement of the honeymoon phase may fade, it is possible for it to return in a relationship. This can happen through conscious effort and communication between partners, as well as trying new things and keeping the spark alive.

Is it normal for the honeymoon phase to end?

Yes, it is completely normal for the honeymoon phase to end in a relationship. It is a natural progression as the initial excitement and passion give way to a deeper and more meaningful connection. It is important to remember that the end of the honeymoon phase does not mean the end of a relationship, but rather a shift towards a deeper and more fulfilling connection.