The Hospital Confusion :smile:

• Thread starter eng_pro
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Confusion
In summary, the conversation discussed finding the limit of the equation 2sin(0.5*n*pi)/n*pi as n approaches 0. The person used the l-hospital rule and obtained an answer of 1, but another method proved the answer to be 0. The conversation also mentioned a well-known limit and the use of Taylor series. The conversation concluded with a request for help in posting formulas from a Word document.
eng_pro
Hey, I have this problem where i am trying to find the limit of the equation:

2sin(0.5*n*pi)
---------------
n*pi

when n--->0

I used the l-hospital rule to solve it and got

pi*cos(0.5*n*pi)
---------------- = 1
pi

The answer is supposed to be 0 and using another method it proved so!
So what am i doing wrong :cry:

Mathematics news on Phys.org
eng_pro said:
The answer is supposed to be 0 and using another method it proved so!
I'd like to see that proof, since it is well-known that (when x is in radians):
[tex]\lim_{x\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin (x)}{x} = 1[/tex]

(I don't think you are wrong.)

Yea me too, Looks correct.

[tex] \lim_{x\rightarrow 0}\frac{2\sin (\frac{1}{2} n\pi)}{n\pi} =

2*\frac{1}{2}\lim_{x\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin (\frac{1}{2} n\pi)}{\frac{1}{2} n\pi} = 1 [/tex]

hope the latex works

In other words, WHO told you "The answer is supposed to be 0"? The limit is clearly 1.

can someone tell me how to post the question form a world document as i formulated the question there! or how can i paste formulas here?

Attachments

• question.doc
    80.5 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:
YOu can see that also from the Taylor series: sin(x) = x-x^3/6+x^5/120-+-

I don't see what prescript you used to get to C_{n} in the first place. And why you think it should work to give you C_{0} in the same manner.

Daniel.

What is "The Hospital Confusion"?

"The Hospital Confusion" is a phenomenon in which patients and staff in a hospital experience difficulty navigating the complex layout and numerous departments within the hospital. It can lead to confusion, frustration, and delays in patient care.

What causes "The Hospital Confusion"?

There are several factors that can contribute to "The Hospital Confusion," including the size and complexity of the hospital, lack of clear signage and wayfinding, and high patient volumes. Additionally, patients and staff may be unfamiliar with the layout of the hospital and its departments.

How does "The Hospital Confusion" impact patient care?

"The Hospital Confusion" can have a negative impact on patient care, as it can lead to delays in treatment, missed appointments, and increased stress and anxiety for patients and their families. It can also contribute to medical errors and miscommunication between staff members.

What measures can be taken to reduce "The Hospital Confusion"?

There are several strategies that hospitals can implement to reduce "The Hospital Confusion." These include improving signage and wayfinding, providing maps and virtual tours for patients and staff, implementing a streamlined appointment and check-in process, and training staff on effective communication and navigation within the hospital.

Are there any long-term solutions to "The Hospital Confusion"?

Long-term solutions to "The Hospital Confusion" may include redesigning the layout of the hospital to improve flow and reduce complexity, implementing advanced technology such as digital wayfinding systems, and conducting regular audits and assessments to identify and address areas of confusion within the hospital.