Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The Hump

1. Apr 15, 2007 #1

wolram

Gold Member

You know some thing is wrong, but he/she will not tell you what, may be
    you forgot some occasion, but why is it they refuse to tell you at the time?
    may be you find out a week later, then you have to feel bad or not.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 15, 2007 #2

radou

Homework Helper

Because they think it would sound stupid if they told you right away. Al least that's what I think.

4. Apr 15, 2007 #3

turbo

Gold Member

Some people are into the power-play and if they can keep you uncomfortable and upset for days and THEN choose the time to "resolve" the "problem", it makes them happy and empowered at your expense. It's best to avoid such people, if you can, and NEVER willingly get into a personal relationship with them. Life is too short to spend it with manipulative jerks.

5. Apr 15, 2007 #4
    and somehow during this delema, the first word that came to your mind while writing the topic title was 'hump'?

6. Apr 15, 2007 #5

wolram

Gold Member

That what we call it round here when some one is less than angry, but
    more than off hand, does it have another interpretation?

7. Apr 15, 2007 #6

wolram

Gold Member

OOps, i never knew that meaning of the word:blushing:

8. Apr 15, 2007 #7

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yet another thread lost in translation between British and American. :rofl:

I have to agree with turbo, that if someone won't tell you what's wrong when something clearly is wrong, and you've asked, and then waits days before springing on you what the problem was (in other words, yes, there really was a problem, you didn't just imagine something, and they weren't just in a bad mood for no particular reason or something unrelated to you), then I'd steer clear of them as much as possible. Whether they're being intentionally manipulative, or just plain weird, it's not good to have to deal with people like that.

Of course, sometimes someone does say something like, "I don't want to talk about it right now," which isn't the same as saying, "nothing's wrong." Then, that's a valid answer...maybe they know they're over-reacting, or just need time to calm down, or are so busy with other things they think they'll say something wrong if they rush to explain the problem, etc., so want to talk about it at a better time.

9. Apr 15, 2007 #8
    I blame the hormones

10. Apr 15, 2007 #9
    Oh the drama! Reminds me of one of my favorit Mel Brooks movies, History of the World part 1.

HUMP OR DEATH !!!

11. Apr 15, 2007 #10
    i really hope that doesnt imply what it think it does:rolleyes:

12. Apr 17, 2007 #11

turbo

Gold Member

Well, "It's good to be king!"

13. Apr 17, 2007 #12
    ahahahhhah, indeed it is!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?