• Thread starter michojek
  • Start date
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
Wonderful comments :)

especially the 'psychological fear' that you when the 'new' you reach the other side would
wonder if they've been transported or believe they were just a 'copy'

So, what would be first and the easiest?

1. Quantum teleportation where 'YOU' are physically transported

or

2. Where your an exact replica of you if destroy and remade at another end

and with the second one...it gives evokes another question..

is it worth 'continuing your life' through a replica or a memory storage since the 'copied' you isn't really 'YOU'
Note that you still have not answered my question on where you read such a thing.

Quantum teleporation has nothing to do with making duplicates of something and reproducing it somewhere else. Thus, your claim that you read that it might be "possible" one day is unverified. If this remains unverified, then this whole thread is based on a premise that has not be shown to be valid, rending subsequent discussion of it to be based on faulty foundation. It will become another classic case of "When did you stop beating your wife?" discussion.

Zz.

Obviously...but as it stands now those are my feelings. In the same way as my will is a record of my wishes for what should happen after my death even though after death I have no wishes by definition.
This is nothing like leaving a will in a case where your death is inevitable. Teleportation is not inevitable.

If no one can prove for certain that the current "you" is not destroyed in the process of teleportation, should you risk it? The only thing you might be gaining is to get from one location to another very quickly and conveniently. What you might lose is: everything.

Evo
Mentor
Note that you still have not answered my question on where you read such a thing.

Quantum teleporation has nothing to do with making duplicates of something and reproducing it somewhere else. Thus, your claim that you read that it might be "possible" one day is unverified. If this remains unverified, then this whole thread is based on a premise that has not be shown to be valid, rending subsequent discussion of it to be based on faulty foundation. It will become another classic case of "When did you stop beating your wife?" discussion.

Zz.
And this is a good place to close.