The illegal alien problem, Huckabee and the 2008 elections

• News
  • Thread starter zeezil
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Alien
White House. In summary, Huckabee's immigration plan includes a touchback provision where illegals can temporarily exit the country and then quickly return without penalty to apply for legal immigration. He also wants to reward these lawbreakers by allowing them to keep their jobs. Huckabee has a history of ethics issues and has been rated as one of the most corrupt politicians. He has also made controversial statements about the importance of illegal aliens in our economy. Some believe he is using his religion as a means to gain votes.
zeezil
This is basically the gist of Huckabee's immigration plan touchback provision:

He would repeal the multi-year baring of illegals to re-enter the U.S. for illegals who register during a 120-day period with Homeland Security and temporarily exit the country (for only a few days, at most). It is also highly likely that many would not even leave the country but would be allowed to go to their nearest consulate on American soil for paperwork.

They would face no penalty if they apply to immigrate back to U.S. (they'd be back in within just days). He would not utilize the current legal immigration law process for immigration to the U.S. but would set up special processing for these ‘special case formerly illegal’ immigrants. He also would reward these lawbreakers (and their law-breaking employers) by allowing the aliens to keep the very jobs they broke into the country and took. He wants them back in quick to slide back into the same jobs they had before their quick exit and return (touchback).

Huckabee will utilize every trick in the book to legalize illegal aliens. He's just a bit more deceptive, shifty and crafty in how he hides the fact that he will provide amnesty. By all means, don't take my word on this if you are skeptical. Dig deep on Huckabee and look at the man behing the curtain. I'm betting you won't really care for what you see.

Huckabee has stated that our economy would collapse without the presence of illegal aliens here. Really? My oh my...how did we manage to survive as a nation and grow our economy these past two centuries and well into the 1970's before the accelerated mass entries of illegal aliens? In 1986, our spineless Congressmen and Senators decided instead of dealing with the problem, they'd just give amnesty to the illegals so their incompetence, corruption, greed and dysfunction could be just swept under the rug. Then in 2007, they tried the same thing, but this time an educated, forceful, awake and fed up public citizenry stopped them in their tracks. Now their tookus is in a sling as they don't know what to do, so basically they are doing what they've been doing over the last 40 years...nothing as far as border security and immigration enforcement.

2008 is a pivitol year, likely even a tipping point, in the history of America. Will we continue to be a strong, sovereign nation ruled by law or will we let the invasion continue until America's slide into anarchy is unstoppable?

We need to elect a leader as President who will protect the value of U.S. citizenship, work for the citizens of America, fiercely protect our sovereignty, stop the march to globlism and the formation of the NAU, and solve our illegal immigration problem. That does not involve granting amnesty to illegal aliens. Huckabee is not your man if you care for those issues. Neither is McCain, Ghuliani of any of the Democrats.

[edit by Ivan: Advertising deleted]

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Dont forget this stuff too:

6. Governor Mike Huckabee (R-AR): Governor Huckabee enjoyed a meteoric rise in the polls in December 2007, which prompted a more thorough review of his ethics record. According to The Associated Press: “[Huckabee’s] career has also been colored by 14 ethics complaints and a volley of questions about his integrity, ranging from his management of campaign cash to his use of a nonprofit organization to subsidize his income to his destruction of state computer files on his way out of the governor’s office.” And what was Governor Huckabee’s response to these ethics allegations? Rather than cooperating with investigators, Huckabee sued the state ethics commission twice and attempted to shut the ethics process down.

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=205867"

Don't you just love the candidates that the media picked out for us?

Good point falc39. Huckabee (I like to call him Huckabillery in regards to his similarities to Hillary (Billary) Clinton) was rated in the Top Ten Most Corrupt Politicians in 2007 by the citizen watchdog group, Judicial Watch.

When you pick a candidate, don't pick them on what they say they will do, pick them on what they have done. Huckabee's immigration record as Arkansas governor was dismal. And then, factor in the ethics issues and the tremendous amounts of pardons to murders, rapists and other felons. We cannot let this man become president.

most of the candidates running for president are scared of the illegal alien issue and will not seriously tackle the problem. What I find amusing is the media and politicians constantly talking about Iraq this Iraq that while illegal immigration is the hotter topic. Congress will not take up this issue at least until AFTER elections because they know they risk their office if they do, so they keep quiet. In the meantime, they'll continue to talk about Iraq and pass legislation dealing with Iraq, though.

zeezil said:
Huckabee has stated that our economy would collapse without the presence of illegal aliens here. Really? My oh my...how did we manage to survive as a nation and grow our economy these past two centuries
Slavery.

I wouldn't vote for Huckabee because he seems insistent on making his personal religion a main issue in his candidacy.

How can you call Huckabee weak on illegal immigration? Wasn't he the first candidate to propose a fence to keep illegal Pakistani immigrants from sneaking over the border?

Huckabee Sees Pakistan as Reason for Border Fence

If he wants to get elected, he should stick to the Marilyn Monroe syndrome. He should look like a nice guy and not say too many things requiring intellectual skills.

Edit: Actually, to be fair, the Mexican border is becoming a more common route for Cuban immigrants. It's a bit of a stretch to extend that idea to a flood of Pakistani refugees pouring over the border, but at least it's founded in some sort of reality. More Cubans entering U.S. through Mexico

Last edited:
Evo said:
Slavery.

I wouldn't vote for Huckabee because he seems insistent on making his personal religion a main issue in his candidacy.

I get the distinct sense of a man who has a hidden agenda. His slips and jokes have reenforced this notion.

Ivan Seeking said:
I get the distinct sense of a man who has a hidden agenda. His slips and jokes have reenforced this notion.

Who knows.

If you look at his record before he decided to run for President, his social positions were pretty consistent with what you'd expect of an ex-preacher, but his actual implementation was a lot more nuanced (or more liberal if you're of the right wing conservative inclination). He only truly joined the right wing conservatives during his current campaign. Being governor of Arkansas, his actual policies seem to fly under the radar a lot easier than Romney's (and wouldn't be nearly as big a change in character in any event).

Going in, I'd say Huckabee had more character than all but a few (McCain, Obama, Dodds, Biden). All in all, he's looking less and less like a qualified candidate regardless of his character, which isn't holding up quite as well as it did before the campaign (but not many do).

His foreign policy 'thoughts' are frightening.
http://www.foreignaffairs.org/20080101faessay87112/michael-d-huckabee/america-s-priorities-in-the-war-on-terror.html" [Broken] for example:
The United States, as the world's only superpower, is less vulnerable to military defeat. But it is more vulnerable to the animosity of other countries. Much like a top high school student, if it is modest about its abilities and achievements, if it is generous in helping others, it is loved. But if it attempts to dominate others, it is despised.

American foreign policy needs to change its tone and attitude, open up, and reach out. The Bush administration's arrogant bunker mentality has been counterproductive at home and abroad. My administration will recognize that the United States' main fight today does not pit us against the world but pits the world against the terrorists. At the same time, my administration will never surrender any of our sovereignty, which is why I was the first presidential candidate to oppose ratification of the Law of the Sea Treaty, which would endanger both our national security and our economic interests.

But what if the rest of the world thinks that those opposed to the Law of the Sea Treaty are arrogant?

Huck, go back to your high school and write one million times on one of the whiteboards:

"Foreign policy is nothing like high school. Foreign policy is nothing like high school. Foreign policy is nothing like high school.."

1. What is the "illegal alien problem"?

The "illegal alien problem" refers to the issue of unauthorized or undocumented immigrants living in a country. It is a controversial and complex issue that involves issues of immigration policy, border control, and human rights.

2. How does Huckabee view the illegal alien problem?

As a scientist, I cannot comment on individual politicians' views. However, Huckabee, as a former governor of Arkansas, has expressed support for certain measures to address the issue, such as securing the border and providing a pathway to citizenship for certain undocumented immigrants.

3. How does the illegal alien problem impact the 2008 elections?

The illegal alien problem is a major topic of discussion in the 2008 elections, with candidates from both parties offering differing solutions and approaches. It is a divisive issue that has the potential to influence voters' decisions.

4. Is the illegal alien problem unique to the United States?

No, the issue of unauthorized immigration is a global issue that affects many countries around the world. Each country may have its own specific challenges and approaches to addressing it.

5. What are the potential solutions to the illegal alien problem?

There is no simple solution to the illegal alien problem, as it is a complex issue with many factors at play. Some possible solutions include comprehensive immigration reform, increased border security, and addressing the root causes of why people immigrate without proper documentation. Ultimately, finding a solution will require cooperation and compromise from all parties involved.