Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A The infinite momentum frame

1. Apr 25, 2016 #1
    Let x+ and x- be the light cone coordinates x + t and x - t. The coordinate x- = log x+. The equations dx- = dx-/x+ and x+ = x+ dx- are like ds = dQ/T and dE = p dV.

d- = d- dx+

D- = d- + d- dx+

In mechanics we have L = T - V, where L = L dt. This is a complex differential form just like x+ = x+ dx- and d- = d- dx+.

Has anyone seen D- = d- + d- dx+?

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 25, 2016 #2

haushofer

Science Advisor

Maybe you should give a bit more context or references to get some replies here. I personally don't really have a clue what you're asking precisely. Why e.g.
    your relation between x+ and x- ?

4. Apr 25, 2016 #3
    I will post more later. for now, there are two extra equations of the same type as L = L dt

x = x dE

D = i dt

Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
  5. Apr 26, 2016 #4

haushofer

Science Advisor

Again, I have no clue what you're referring to. If you want people to respond, you should be clear about what you're asking.

6. Apr 26, 2016 #5

Drakkith

Staff: Mentor

Seconded. Ddddx, please post provide some context to the question, general equations, and your thinking behind this. In short, explain what you're talking about in more detail please.

7. Apr 27, 2016 #6

Dale

Staff: Mentor

This thread is closed. The OP needs to not only explain, but also provide a reference. This seems like personal speculation.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook