Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The insomniac thread.

1. Jan 29, 2005 #1

Gold Member

Is is between the hours of 2am & 6am? Tell us what's keeping you awake.

My excuse tonight- I've been out to a nightclub, and don't feel like being alone at the moment, so I've turned to MSN messenger for companionship.
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 30, 2005 #2
    i stay up to 5am looking at forums and playing computer games woot
  4. Jan 30, 2005 #3

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It's about 2:30 am here. I've been watching the news on the elections in Iraq...and answering some questions here.
  5. Jan 30, 2005 #4

This is the third of these threads. I thought i was the only one who made these?

At anyrate, i have plain insomnia. I just can't sleep. So i'm awake. You get used to it after a while.
  6. Jan 30, 2005 #5
    I've already slept. Now I have to go to work.
  7. Jan 30, 2005 #6
    5 o'clock, still awake.

Am i at the point where this classifies as a medical problem yet?

NO coffee, no caffeine. Nothing. Still awake.
  8. Jan 30, 2005 #7
    move to a different time zone where that becomes normal! if the problem continues keep heading west
  9. Jan 30, 2005 #8

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

If you also cut out the alcohol and this sleeping pattern persists, then it might count as a medical problem.

I need to take a week off and let myself phase shift back to a normal waking time. Unfortunately, the last time off was over Christmas and I was staying at my sister's house with a toddler (they are all morning people :grumpy:) so didn't get to let myself shift around the clock. That's the only way I can get myself onto a "normal" routine.
  10. Jan 31, 2005 #9

Well i haven't slept since friday night now, and i'm still wide awake. On the upside, i saw the sunrise this morning. It was a beautiful day.
  11. Jan 31, 2005 #10
    I just finished a bowl of homemade chili with sour cream on top. And lurking around here, plus I'm off from work the entire week and getting paid for it
  12. Jan 31, 2005 #11

homemade chili with sour cream...

Its your own fault you're not sleeping.
  13. Feb 1, 2005 #12
    27 hours without sleep and counting, i'm sure to break 36 before i finally do go down.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?