1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The insomniac thread.

1. Jan 29, 2005 #1

matthyaouw

Gold Member

Is is between the hours of 2am & 6am? Tell us what's keeping you awake.

My excuse tonight- I've been out to a nightclub, and don't feel like being alone at the moment, so I've turned to MSN messenger for companionship.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 30, 2005 #2
    i stay up to 5am looking at forums and playing computer games woot

4. Jan 30, 2005 #3

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It's about 2:30 am here. I've been watching the news on the elections in Iraq...and answering some questions here.

5. Jan 30, 2005 #4

This is the third of these threads. I thought i was the only one who made these?

At anyrate, i have plain insomnia. I just can't sleep. So i'm awake. You get used to it after a while.

6. Jan 30, 2005 #5
    I've already slept. Now I have to go to work.

7. Jan 30, 2005 #6
    5 o'clock, still awake.

Am i at the point where this classifies as a medical problem yet?

NO coffee, no caffeine. Nothing. Still awake.

8. Jan 30, 2005 #7
    move to a different time zone where that becomes normal! if the problem continues keep heading west

9. Jan 30, 2005 #8

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

If you also cut out the alcohol and this sleeping pattern persists, then it might count as a medical problem.

I need to take a week off and let myself phase shift back to a normal waking time. Unfortunately, the last time off was over Christmas and I was staying at my sister's house with a toddler (they are all morning people :grumpy:) so didn't get to let myself shift around the clock. That's the only way I can get myself onto a "normal" routine.

10. Jan 31, 2005 #9

Well i haven't slept since friday night now, and i'm still wide awake. On the upside, i saw the sunrise this morning. It was a beautiful day.

11. Jan 31, 2005 #10
    I just finished a bowl of homemade chili with sour cream on top. And lurking around here, plus I'm off from work the entire week and getting paid for it

12. Jan 31, 2005 #11

homemade chili with sour cream...

Its your own fault you're not sleeping.

13. Feb 1, 2005 #12
    27 hours without sleep and counting, i'm sure to break 36 before i finally do go down.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?