Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The inverse impulse response

1. Nov 23, 2008 #1
    hello all
    i just want to know why we use the inverse impulse response ????? and i need a practical example on it ?/ and how?/?
    i need Quiqly answer as soon as u can please................:smile:

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 23, 2008 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Can you please post an example of what you mean? Also, if this is for homework or coursework (sounds like it is), I can move your thread to the Homework Help forums.

4. Nov 23, 2008 #3
    The impulse response is basically stimulating a system with a unit impulse. The output when you do this is nothing more than the impulse response. So taking the inverse impulse response which is effectively 1/h(t) is the same as 1/y(t) which is the inverse of the output of the system.

5. Nov 24, 2008 #4
    ok i know that it related to the impulse but i need a practical example in application of use the inverse impulse response such somthing in image ( i need a live using of it )
    I mean aclearly reasone for using it??????????????

6. Nov 24, 2008 #5

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Google is our friend. I googled "inverse impulse response", and got some hits. This one off of the 2nd page of hits looks like it might be what you are looking for in an application:

http://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/0810/0810.1883.pdf

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?