The island is big and wooded in parts, How do they survive?

  • Thread starter wolram
  • Start date

Danger

Gold Member
9,564
244
Astronuc said:
No, it was a methane "clathrate" eruption, or something similar.
Right, then. That makes a lot more sense. I've heard about them, but didn't know the name. Supposedly a good candidate for Bermuda Triangle-type disappearances, but I wonder if the lifeboat would have floated in something like that or if maybe there's another explanation. The idea of a calcite reaction worried me because it would indicate one spookily huge influx of CO2 from somewhere.

wolram said:
You were warned Danger, now drag your thoughts from_______ what ever
back to the situation
Hey, we're armed up and ready to go, but until Hypatia tells us what happened we don't have a direction. Astro might be able to track somebody through this kind of growth, but I sure can't. Anyhow, there's a good chance that if there was another person a fault, he'll end up in one of the traps. They're marked clearly enough for us, but someone who doesn't know about them wouldn't even notice.
 

Astronuc

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
18,551
1,682
*Kia* said:
Ah, it's not Evo's fault she's been wandering round in a daze - it's the fumes coming from that still...
Well, she's disappeared again. I wonder if it has anything to do with Hypatia's stone?

danger said:
Astro might be able to track somebody through this kind of growth, but I sure can't. Anyhow, there's a good chance that if there was another person a fault, he'll end up in one of the traps. They're marked clearly enough for us, but someone who doesn't know about them wouldn't even notice.
I have the nose and ears of a dog - two of the reasons I used to be known as "Dogface". The other reason is that I would weeks between shaves, until I stopped shaving altogether.
 

wolram

Gold Member
4,223
551
By astro ,Well, she's disappeared again. I wonder if it has anything to do with Hypatia's stone?
Your thinking the stone has some sort of supernatural power?
 
Last edited:

Evo

Mentor
22,867
2,343
*Kia* said:
Ah, it's not Evo's fault she's been wandering round in a daze - it's the fumes coming from that still...
Yeah, it's the fumes!!! I haven't touched a drop from that still...BURP. :blushing:

Kia, your avatar is so sweet!!!!! :approve: It mirrors your profile picture. Whos's in the profile pic?
 
Last edited:

wolram

Gold Member
4,223
551
Evo said:
Yeah, it's the fumes!!! I haven't touched a drop from that still...BURP. :blushing:
So it was spirits that kept you away, and it seems they were not supernatural I think you had better have some of Moon Bs root tea
it good for every thing ,"cleans up rusty metal a treat", then we can find
you something to do.
 

*Kia*

Gold Member
18
0
Danger said:
Right, then. That makes a lot more sense. I've heard about them, but didn't know the name. Supposedly a good candidate for Bermuda Triangle-type disappearances, but I wonder if the lifeboat would have floated in something like that or if maybe there's another explanation.

The lifeboat was thrown clear - it took us some time in the water before some clever chap spotted it a couple hundred yards off.
Then unfortunately it hit that reef....

Evo said:
Kia, your avatar is so sweet!!!!! :approve: It mirrors your profile picture. Whos's in the profile pic?
I like using kitty pics for my avatars :biggrin: I have some great ones.

My profile pic is a 1978 Wolram complete with newborn! :biggrin:

Do you think he looks like someone kinda famous? o:) :wink:
 
Last edited:

wolram

Gold Member
4,223
551
by Kia My profile pic is a 1978 Wolram complete with newborn!
Some one is going to be a bit sticky tomorrow.
 

Astronuc

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
18,551
1,682
wolram said:
*Kia* said:
by Kia My profile pic is a 1978 Wolram complete with newborn!
Handsome dude. :wink:

Something about men with beards, perhaps. :biggrin:

I have been greeted/treated as a rabbi, Arab, Greek, and when I was in E. Europe, several monks suggested I join their monestaries.
 

Evo

Mentor
22,867
2,343
*Kia* said:
I like using kitty pics for my avatars :biggrin: I have some great ones.
You'll have to post them!!

My profile pic is a 1978 Wolram complete with newborn! :biggrin:

Do you think he looks like someone kinda famous? o:) :wink:
Yes, he does look like someone famous! Wolram, what a hunk!! :!!)

You are looking at Kia so lovingly, that's so touching. What a great picture! :smile:
 

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
11,349
51
Oh, my head! Brewnog, you're going to have to move that still further from camp if you keep mixing stuff that gives off such fumes! Thankfully the wind changed directions and I came to. How long have I been out?
 

wolram

Gold Member
4,223
551
Moonbear said:
Oh, my head! Brewnog, you're going to have to move that still further from camp if you keep mixing stuff that gives off such fumes! Thankfully the wind changed directions and I came to. How long have I been out?
You missed quite a bit Moon B, Evo, Hypatia has lump on here head, we are not
sure but we think it was a deliberate attack, she found some papers in a grave by the stone, that we think some one didn't want found.
 

Related Threads for: The island is big and wooded in parts, How do they survive?

Replies
29
Views
2K
Replies
12
Views
20K
Replies
74
Views
14K
  • Posted
2
Replies
27
Views
3K
  • Posted
Replies
4
Views
2K
Replies
23
Views
4K
Replies
2
Views
1K

Physics Forums Values

We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling
We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating
We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving

Hot Threads

Top