The island is big and wooded in parts, How do they survive?

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
  • Tags
    parts
In summary, the group of people stranded on the island must find a way to survive by finding fresh water, constructing shelter, and hunting for food. They must also watch for passing ships or planes in order to be rescued.
Evo said:
Evo<----covers her eyes.

Oh i see, you waited for all the hard work to be done befor you showed up :biggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org
Ah, it's not Evo's fault she's been wandering round in a daze - it's the fumes coming from that still...

Danger said:
Yes, well then... let's get on with the essential preliminary step of subduing your father. As a proper Canuk, I did of course have 6 rolls of duct tape in my pockets when we cracked up. So half a metre for each of his arms, a quarter metre for his ankles, a 10cm strip across his mouth, and what do we do about... (never mind, I have a Band-Aid). On the other hand, if he isn't overly protective we can just leave him be. :tongue2: (Did I mention how much I love that half a bikini you're wearing?)

You poor fool, subduing me would be the easy part, taking on the daughter
of Wolram will be like fighting Zena, Bodica, and Cat Woman all rolled into one,
when she has finished with you :devil: Wolram and Kia will rule the isle, with
justness, and good treatment to all, "as long as you toe the line" :devil:

wolram said:
taking on the daughter
of Wolram will be like fighting Zena, Bodica, and Cat Woman all rolled into one
Fighting is not what I have in mind!

Danger said:
Fighting is not what I have in mind!

I wish you luck, here is a tip, buy some ear plugs.
:biggrin:

wolram said:
:tongue2: :rofl: :tongue2: :rofl:

wolram said:
I've always preferred moaners to screamers, but times is tough these days...

Danger said:
I've always preferred moaners to screamers, but times is tough these days...

[teacher mode]
Times ARE tough, not, times IS tough
[/teacher mode]

*Kia* said:
[teacher mode]
Times ARE tough, not, times IS tough
[/teacher mode]
That was deliberate. :tongue:
Where the hell are those earplugs...?

Danger said:
That was deliberate. :tongue:
Where the hell are those earplugs...?

You were warned Danger, now drag your thoughts from_______ what ever
back to the situation

Astronuc said:
No, it was a methane "clathrate" eruption, or something similar.
Right, then. That makes a lot more sense. I've heard about them, but didn't know the name. Supposedly a good candidate for Bermuda Triangle-type disappearances, but I wonder if the lifeboat would have floated in something like that or if maybe there's another explanation. The idea of a calcite reaction worried me because it would indicate one spookily huge influx of CO2 from somewhere.

wolram said:
You were warned Danger, now drag your thoughts from_______ what ever
back to the situation
Hey, we're armed up and ready to go, but until Hypatia tells us what happened we don't have a direction. Astro might be able to track somebody through this kind of growth, but I sure can't. Anyhow, there's a good chance that if there was another person a fault, he'll end up in one of the traps. They're marked clearly enough for us, but someone who doesn't know about them wouldn't even notice.

*Kia* said:
Ah, it's not Evo's fault she's been wandering round in a daze - it's the fumes coming from that still...
Well, she's disappeared again. I wonder if it has anything to do with Hypatia's stone?

danger said:
Astro might be able to track somebody through this kind of growth, but I sure can't. Anyhow, there's a good chance that if there was another person a fault, he'll end up in one of the traps. They're marked clearly enough for us, but someone who doesn't know about them wouldn't even notice.
I have the nose and ears of a dog - two of the reasons I used to be known as "Dogface". The other reason is that I would weeks between shaves, until I stopped shaving altogether.

By astro ,Well, she's disappeared again. I wonder if it has anything to do with Hypatia's stone?

Your thinking the stone has some sort of supernatural power?

Last edited:
*Kia* said:
Yeah, it's the fumes! I haven't touched a drop from that still...BURP. :blushing:

Kia, your avatar is so sweet! :approve: It mirrors your profile picture. Whos's in the profile pic?

Last edited:
Evo said:
Yeah, it's the fumes! I haven't touched a drop from that still...BURP. :blushing:

So it was spirits that kept you away, and it seems they were not supernatural I think you had better have some of Moon Bs root tea
it good for every thing ,"cleans up rusty metal a treat", then we can find
you something to do.

Danger said:
Right, then. That makes a lot more sense. I've heard about them, but didn't know the name. Supposedly a good candidate for Bermuda Triangle-type disappearances, but I wonder if the lifeboat would have floated in something like that or if maybe there's another explanation.

The lifeboat was thrown clear - it took us some time in the water before some clever chap spotted it a couple hundred yards off.
Then unfortunately it hit that reef...

Evo said:
Kia, your avatar is so sweet! :approve: It mirrors your profile picture. Whos's in the profile pic?

I like using kitty pics for my avatars :biggrin: I have some great ones.

My profile pic is a 1978 Wolram complete with newborn! :biggrin:

Do you think he looks like someone kinda famous? o:) :wink:

Last edited:
by Kia My profile pic is a 1978 Wolram complete with newborn!
Some one is going to be a bit sticky tomorrow.

wolram said:
*Kia* said:
by Kia My profile pic is a 1978 Wolram complete with newborn!
Handsome dude. :wink:

Something about men with beards, perhaps. :biggrin:

I have been greeted/treated as a rabbi, Arab, Greek, and when I was in E. Europe, several monks suggested I join their monestaries.

*Kia* said:
I like using kitty pics for my avatars :biggrin: I have some great ones.
You'll have to post them!

My profile pic is a 1978 Wolram complete with newborn! :biggrin:

Do you think he looks like someone kinda famous? o:) :wink:
Yes, he does look like someone famous! Wolram, what a hunk! :!)

You are looking at Kia so lovingly, that's so touching. What a great picture! :smile:

Oh, my head! Brewnog, you're going to have to move that still further from camp if you keep mixing stuff that gives off such fumes! Thankfully the wind changed directions and I came to. How long have I been out?

Moonbear said:
Oh, my head! Brewnog, you're going to have to move that still further from camp if you keep mixing stuff that gives off such fumes! Thankfully the wind changed directions and I came to. How long have I been out?

You missed quite a bit Moon B, Evo, Hypatia has lump on here head, we are not
sure but we think it was a deliberate attack, she found some papers in a grave by the stone, that we think some one didn't want found.