What can you find at the Japanese Garden in Clingendael?

• Thread starter Andre
  • Start date
  • Tags
    garden
In summary, the conversation revolves around the topic of the Clingendael institute estate and the beautiful Japanese gardens located there. The speaker shares photos of the garden, noting the need for contrast reduction during RAW processing and the absence of wedding scenery. Others in the conversation express their admiration for the garden, particularly the arched bridge and wisteria. The speaker also mentions plans for a wedding photo shoot in the garden and shares a photo of the happy couple.
Andre
It's on the estate of the Clingendael institute. The folder is the http://www.denhaag.nl/home/bewoners/to/Japanse-tuin.htm.

This is how it looked this morning. All piX are unedited from the small jpgs, I see I have to reduce contrast during RAW processing.

The only thing missing is the wedding scenery. Who knows.

11bjfap.jpg

b7jud3.jpg

2uxztl2.jpg

692ptd.jpg

fc7mt0.jpg

262um4w.jpg

25snzg9.jpg

2hoemh3.jpg

168a7mo.jpg

Close to the villa we observed quarrelling herons:

27y5qaq.jpg

Physics news on Phys.org
I loooooo:!)ooooove Japanese gardens, definitely the best. WOW great pics Andre, thanks a lot for sharing those, it did take me to a whole different atmosphere. :!)

Fantastic pics Andre

Love the arched bridge framing the wisteria! Monet would have been in heaven is such a garden.

turbo-1 said:
Love the arched bridge framing the wisteria! Monet would have been in heaven is such a garden.

That caught my eye too!

Andre said:
...The only thing missing is the wedding scenery. Who knows?..

25snzg9.jpg

of course I had plans to make that happen and it worked, but I wasn't there myself to make it happen. But finally after three months, the official pix are in.

My bunch :approve: Ruud and Patricia. (pic by John)

2u5uyia.jpg

1. What is a Japanese Garden?

A Japanese Garden is a traditional style of garden that originated in Japan and is designed to be a peaceful and harmonious space. It typically includes elements such as water, rocks, and plants, and is often influenced by Japanese culture and philosophy.

2. What are the key elements of a Japanese Garden?

The key elements of a Japanese Garden include water features (such as ponds and streams), rocks and stones, plants (particularly evergreens and moss), bridges, lanterns, and traditional Japanese structures (such as tea houses and pagodas).

3. What is the purpose of a Japanese Garden?

A Japanese Garden is primarily designed to be a place of tranquility and contemplation. It is meant to evoke a sense of peace and harmony with nature, and often incorporates Buddhist and Shinto principles. It is also used for leisure and recreation, as well as for hosting tea ceremonies and other cultural events.

4. How do you maintain a Japanese Garden?

Maintaining a Japanese Garden requires careful attention to detail and regular upkeep. This may include pruning and trimming plants, cleaning and maintaining water features, raking and tidying gravel and sand areas, and ensuring that all structures and elements are in good repair. Many traditional Japanese gardens also follow a specific seasonal maintenance schedule.

5. Are there different styles of Japanese Gardens?

Yes, there are several different styles of Japanese Gardens, each with its own unique characteristics and design principles. Some common styles include the karesansui (dry landscape) garden, the tsukiyama (hill garden), and the chaniwa (tea garden). Each style may vary in terms of size, layout, and the types of elements and plants used.