The latest from the farm: 9, no, 10, no, 11 wild turkeys; or could it be 20?

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
In summary, Mom and eight babies were seen walking past the front porch with a cat trailing behind them. When mom turned around, the cat dropped back and the mother turkey probably met. It sounds like the mother turkey knows the dog won't hurt her, and the babies are adorable. There is also a family of wild turkeys nearby.
Moonbear said:
I have an easy solution to this. Give up being vegetarian. :biggrin: They only hang out by your window because they know they are safe there...they can smell all those vegetables on you. :tongue: Post a big calendar to count down the days to Thanksgiving, and they'll never come your way again. :rofl:

Very funny biogirl. I am sick of all the disrespect shown to us ultra-sensitive types who care more about our fellow creatures than satisfying some immediate lust for flesh. That's why I am implementing a turkey appreciation program where even if a turkey totally, mistakenly dies by no fault of my own in some sort of weird accidental gun mishap that went off when inadvertently aimed in the very GENERAL direction of a turkey herd gobbling at some God-awful morning hour . . . well we will utilize every part of God's precious critter in fertilizer, cat food, farm worker sandwiches, feather dusters . . . you know, total appreciation of nature. o:)

Physics news on Phys.org
Les Sleeth said:
Roving herds of tofu are ultimately made of beans, and so the noise merely get's switched to the opposite end. Right?
They don't call 'em the musical fruit for nothin'. :biggrin:

Could this be the great turkey invasion??!?

Maybe two families? Okay, PF Turkey BBQ to be announced.

It's possible to have multiple hens in one area with all being fertilized by one male. The males look like - http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/d0/Male_north_american_turkey_supersaturated.jpg/240px-Male_north_american_turkey_supersaturated.jpg

Males are polygamous, and they have as many as 5 hens within the same territory.

So far, I have only seen the females and chicks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ivan Seeking said:
Could this be the great turkey invasion??!?

Maybe two families? Okay, PF Turkey BBQ to be announced.
:tongue2: I've got my fork and knife and appetite all ready! Maybe Les will send some of those "accidentally" killed turkeys to some of us carnivores...so they don't go to waste of course. :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
:tongue2: I've got my fork and knife and appetite all ready! Maybe Les will send some of those "accidentally" killed turkeys to some of us carnivores...so they don't go to waste of course. :biggrin:
and wolram can't have any :devil:

Back