Net Force on a 850 kg Car Moving Right at 1.44 m/s

• Thread starter willingtolearn
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Law Motion
In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of constant velocity and its relationship to acceleration and net force. The question asks what the net force is on an 850 kg car moving to the right at 1.44 m/s. The discussion also mentions the need to understand Newton's laws to fully understand the problem.
willingtolearn
An 850 kg car is moving to the right at 1.44 m/s. What is the net force on the car ?

I am totally off on this problem ! Can someone help ?
And in the problem above, it is different when the car moving left ?

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
The problem appears incomplete. I am assuming that it means a "constant velocity" to the right at 1.44 m/s.

No matter what it is, or which way it's going, or how fast it's going...

if an object is going at a constant velocity, what is its acceleration, and what's the net force on it?

Is that the acceleration is 0, and i don't really know what is net force is ? That why i asked

Go read Newton's first and second law.

1. What is the formula for calculating net force?

The formula for calculating net force is Fnet = m x a, where Fnet is the net force, m is the mass of the object, and a is the acceleration.

2. How do you determine the direction of the net force?

The direction of the net force is determined by the direction of the acceleration. If the acceleration is in the same direction as the motion of the object, the net force is in the same direction. If the acceleration is in the opposite direction, the net force is in the opposite direction.

3. What units are used to measure net force?

Net force is measured in Newtons (N), which is a unit of force in the International System of Units (SI).

4. How can I calculate the net force on a moving car?

To calculate the net force on a moving car, you will need to know the mass of the car and its acceleration. Once you have these values, you can use the formula Fnet = m x a to calculate the net force.

5. Is there a maximum net force that a car can experience while moving?

Yes, there is a maximum net force that a car can experience while moving. This maximum force is determined by the maximum frictional force between the car's tires and the road. If the net force exceeds this maximum, the car will start to skid or lose traction.