1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The laws of Electromagnetic Induction

1. Apr 4, 2007 #1
    Aim: to test the Faraday relationship: induced e.m.f. equals the rate of change of magnetic flux linkage

flux linkage = NBA
    N=number of turns in coil
    B=magnetic flux density
    A=area of the coil

To investigate the relationship above first i must have two quantities constant while the thired is varied.

from what i understand i should keep t constant and vary the rest and plot e.m.f vs N
    then keep N constant and vary the rest and plot e.m.f vs I both of these graphs i think should give a staight line.

apparatus used would be: pair of solenoids of square cross-section; one has twice the area of the other
    signal generator: use the low impedance output and set the frequency on the 100 Hz to 1000Hz range.
    Cathode ray oscilloscope for measuring the peak induced voltage.

magnetic flux linkage = NBA
    e.m.f= NA dB/dt
    but dB/dt is porportinal to I and I is proportional to f
    therefore e.m.f = NAf

i'm lost up to this point if i do all of this, what can i conclude anout the Faraday relationship.what other readings must i take etc.. please help:confused:

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted