Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The Life of Python

1. Feb 15, 2007 #1
    Ok since I know there are a few fans of Monty Python here, I read today after the success of Sir Spamalot, the musical version of the Holy Grail they've decided to do a musical version of the life of Brian, any thoughts?:smile:

http://enjoyment.independent.co.uk/theatre/news/article2271652.ece

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 15, 2007 #2

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Yeah - I remember that. It was great! :rofl:

My father, a Methodist minister, really enjoyed the movie.

I don't know if it would be as successful as a play as Spamalot - although I haven't seen Spamalot. Not my cup of tea, I'm afraid.

I wish Idle well and much success. Too bad Graham Chapman isn't around. He was my favorite Python.

4. Feb 15, 2007 #3

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

You can tell a lot about a person by knowing his favorite Python. I've always liked Michael Palin the most.

Regarding a new musical, "Life of Brian" seems as though it would have been a more likely musical than "Grail" in the first place. I'm glad to see Idle making good. Evidently he had a few tough years (a bit too Idle).

5. Feb 16, 2007 #4
    It's probably Palin for me as well, with a very strong second for Cleese, Ripping Yarns puts Palin over the top though.

6. Feb 18, 2007 #5

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

As it happens, "Life of Brian" was not allowed onto Norwegian cinemas due to the charge of blasphemy.
    This occasioned Swedish advertisers to make the slogan:
    "So funny that the Norweeds forbade it!"

Norwegian authorities reneged their decision a couple of years later.

7. Feb 18, 2007 #6

siddharth

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Blasphemy laws are the worst kind!

Life of Brian was my favorite. Tis a pity that Chapman's passed on. I enjoyed his performances in the Life of Brian and the Holy Grail.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?