The Little Prince - A Small Book with Big Impact

• Thread starter klusener
  • Start date
In summary, the book is beautiful and meaningful, and one might find The Fifth Mountain equally compelling.
klusener
Have any of you read it? It's beautiful, never thought such a small book would be my favourite.

Physics news on Phys.org
I read it about 30 years ago. Yes it is quite beautiful and very meaningful.

The book has been published in many languages. A very dear friend sent me a copy written in Bulgarian.

One might find Paulo Coelho's book "The Fifth Mountain" equally compelling.

From the Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery -

"To me, you are still nothing more than a little boy who is just like a hundred thousand other little boys. And I have no need of you. And you, on your part, have no need of me. To you, I am nothing more than a fox like a hundred thousand other foxes. But if you tame me, then we shall need each other. To me, you will be unique in all the world. To you, I shall be unique in all the world..."

"I am beginning to understand," said the little prince. "There is a flower... I think that she has tamed me..."

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
de Saint-Exupery

"It is the time I have wasted for my rose..." said the little prince, so that he would be sure to remember.

"Men have forgotten this truth," said the fox. "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. You are responsible for your rose..."

"I am responsible for my rose," the little prince repeated, so that he would be sure to remember.
de Saint-Exupery

But the time spent caring for someone is never time wasted, but time well spent.

Also - http://www.lepetitprince.com/en/

http://www.lepetitprince.com/fr/ - en français

Last edited:
I've read it. Liked several little parts of it.

We had to read it in french class in hs. It was really good except eventually I just watched the movie (although strangely enough I can't remember it...). I like some of Antoine de St-Exupéry's other books my favorite is wind, sand and stars (but read it in english haha).

What is "The Little Prince - A Small Book with Big Impact"?

"The Little Prince - A Small Book with Big Impact" is a novella written by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry in 1943. It tells the story of a young prince who travels to different planets and learns important lessons about life and love. It is considered a classic of children's literature and has been translated into over 300 languages.

What is the main message of "The Little Prince - A Small Book with Big Impact"?

The main message of "The Little Prince - A Small Book with Big Impact" is the importance of seeing the world through the eyes of a child and valuing the simple things in life. It also highlights the dangers of adulthood and the value of relationships and human connections.

Is "The Little Prince - A Small Book with Big Impact" based on a true story?

No, "The Little Prince - A Small Book with Big Impact" is a work of fiction. However, it is heavily influenced by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry's own experiences as a pilot and his personal philosophy on life.

Why is "The Little Prince - A Small Book with Big Impact" considered a classic?

"The Little Prince - A Small Book with Big Impact" is considered a classic because of its timeless themes and universal messages about the human experience. It has been loved by readers of all ages for decades and continues to be a source of inspiration and reflection.

What is the significance of the rose in "The Little Prince - A Small Book with Big Impact"?

The rose in "The Little Prince - A Small Book with Big Impact" is a symbol of love, beauty, and vulnerability. It represents the prince's love for his home planet and the importance of nurturing relationships. It also serves as a reminder that things that are truly important in life require time, effort, and care.