The Logic that Suggests all Serious Physicists Believe in God

• Thread starter Les Sleeth
  • Start date
Or there was never anything miraculous about life in the first place.

Tournesol said:
Or there was never anything miraculous about life in the first place.

When used as a figure of speech, it is quite appropriate as a characterization of life.

Les Sleeth said:
I’ve quoted science writer Paul Davies before writing in his book Superforce about energy, “When an abstract concept becomes so successful that it permeates through to the general public, the distinction between real and imaginary becomes blurred. . . . This is what happened in the case of energy. . . . Energy is . . . an imaginary, abstract concept which nevertheless has become so much a part of our everyday vocabulary that we imbue it with concrete existence.”

I don't know who Paul Davies is, but assuming he holds the opinions common to most physicists he is probably stating that Energy is a human concept.

Les Sleeth said:
If energy is a thought, mass is a thought. A thought requires a thinker.

But at this stage in your logic chain, the thinkers are probably already known, people, particularly physicists.

Les Sleeth said:
The thinker proposed powerful enough to manifest the universe is God.

God would have to have a concept of energy because of the way the universe behaves. I'm sure it wouldn't be the same as ours though.