The male mind, or what men really think about

• Thread starter Zantra
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Mind
In summary, the man's brain releases less of the primary bonding chemicals oxytocin and serotonin, and he needs the remote control to zap through "mindless" sport or action movies to relax. His brain takes in less sensory detail than a woman's, so he doesn't see or feel the dust and household mess in the same way. He attaches less personal identity to the inside of a home and more to the workplace or the yard, so he doesn't
Originally posted by Gale17
yes zantra... I'm one of THOSE girls

Actually you come across as too nice of a person to be one of "those girls". To truly be that way, you have to lack conscience almost to the point of a sociopath.

Galatea:
don't get too upset. Jokes are meant to be funny... as in haha...
i do not sacrifice my body or time or energy or whatever. on weekends instead of playing tag or ring-around-the-rosie, i seduce guys for kicks, just my version of fun. Oh, and yeah, every man my age can be controlled by sex, you just need to make em realize it first...

Yes 17 year old boys are full of hormones(as are 17 year old girls). There's no harm in fun as long as it's in good taste and not used as deception. Galtea says that that's just the mark of a young mind. Myself, I see it as a pattern of a larger problem. I could go into trust issues, and fear of intimacy, as well as trauma induced fear, but I won't.

When I was 17, if a girl played games, I (and all my friends for that matter) would just say not worth it and go after the girl's friend- maybe times have changed *shrug*. But I also would like to point out that while these kinds of games are "fun", it can also be a pathway to getting raped, if you pick the wrong guy to mess with. Weather it's PC to say or not, it's the truth. Just something you should bear in mind..

oh and zantra- don't be too disturbed by me, yeah I'm just a kid, but I'm intelligent, informed, and i mean no harm promise. I know there's women out there who are that sadistic, but I'm not. Sides, there's pleanty of guys like that too. Everything balances out.

I didn't say you were a kid, I said you were young- there's a difference. Yes there are guys like that too. That doesn't make it right. I'm all for free expression, and exploring, and finding yourself. But what you portray is bitterness, which is upsetting.

Just make sure you still can respect yourself when it's all said it done. Deeds born out of malice, bitterness, hatred, and deciet may seem rewarding, but ultimately leave you empty. They are negative thoughts, and thus cannot bring positive results.

I live by the golden rule, but then myself I'm just old fashioned
:wink:

Physics news on Phys.org
oy, so I'm not immature, just emotionally underdeveloped?? on top of that, in the future i may have even worse issues?? Plus I'm bitter, and i don't live by the golden rule, karma's going to come bite me in the ... and everyone is thinking I'm caught up in some sad sort of state... hmm...

ok

let me just say, i do believe in karma, and that's why i act how i do. i do unto others as i'd have them do unto me. And I'm very very very old fashioned. i do respect myself... a lot, there's a lot to repect imo. And honestly, I've barely any negative bones in me. I find it hard to be bitter, angry, hateful, any of that. Life is meant to be joyous, and so i enjoy it, and help others to do the same, nothing malicious to it.

Well i think so far this thread has established that men and women are at least similar in one way... they all think gale's a bad kid, with issues... kidding, but honestly, men and women are alike. There are certain kinds of both, its a balance thing. BALANCE

oy, so I'm not immature, just emotionally underdeveloped?? on top of that, in the future i may have even worse issues?? Plus I'm bitter, and i don't live by the golden rule, karma's going to come bite me in the ... and everyone is thinking I'm caught up in some sad sort of state... hmm...

ok

let me just say, i do believe in karma, and that's why i act how i do. i do unto others as i'd have them do unto me. And I'm very very very old fashioned. i do respect myself... a lot, there's a lot to repect imo. And honestly, I've barely any negative bones in me. I find it hard to be bitter, angry, hateful, any of that. Life is meant to be joyous, and so i enjoy it, and help others to do the same, nothing malicious to it.

Well i think so far this thread has established that men and women are at least similar in one way... they all think gale's a bad kid, with issues... kidding, but honestly, men and women are alike. There are certain kinds of both, its a balance thing. BALANCE

Hmm.. Ok I can see this isn't going well. *digs hole even deeper*. I'm not trying to insult you, and I'm not trying to be condescending(ok so far that part hasn't been too sucessful). What I am trying to impress upon you is that your view of men as objects isn't necessarily the most positive one. I acknowledge that some men are guilty of this crime as well, and it's not right in either case. While Karma may allow that because some poor girl is being tread upon, you're allowed to counteract it by doing the same to some poor guy with good intentions. Because believe me, some guys deserve what they get, but the guys you will most likely be interacting with will be innocent in their own right. The long and short is that 2 wrongs don't make a right.

Let me try a different approach. What was that one movie with gwenyth Paltrow where that boy grew up with her, became a famous artists, lusting after her, only to be left hanging, because gwenyth's bitter aunt wanted revenge for being left at the alter? In the end, gwenyth hates herself.

Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but people don't develop the philosophy you have naturally. It's learned. Weather through personal experience or being taught by others, it's not something you just know.

But already I've said too much, so we'll let it rest

ok

Nah. We don't thing you're bad. At least I don't. I don't think I (or anyone else, for that matter) am in any position to judge anyone. (There's way too damn much of THAT going around these days.) But, I can't speak for anyone else. Personally, what I know of you, I LIKE - you're a NUT! I have been through my hedonistic phase as well. I think it's pretty natural - especially when you're young. This was way before AIDS, however. And being the intelligent young woman that you are, I ASSUME you're taking the proper precautions! (I've watched numerous of my patients die from AIDS and it TRULY sucks.) Sorry to sound like a mom. I don't have any kids of my own so I have this semi-occcasional need to 'mom' someone - and my critters don't listen to me anymore. They have all discovered the benefits of selective hearing. (They can't hear a loud 'NO' - but, boy, can they hear the fridge open from the other side of the house!) Anyway, be YOU! And as Zantra ('dad'?) pointed out - be CAREFUL!

Originally posted by pace
I have the sneaking suspision when we grow older, things have changed so much, when we try give our children relationship advices, we're going to sound as corny as when our own parents gave us advice.
GEEZ! You guys still use the word CORNY?? You're not as young as I thought!

And as Zantra ('dad'?) pointed out - be CAREFUL! ]

I'd just like to point out that I AM a dad, so I don't apologize for sounding like one:wink:And a pretty cool one at that! God help me when 13 hits

I try to be laid back, but you know, I guess I'm just old
:frown:

Last edited:
Originally posted by Tsunami
GEEZ! You guys still use the word CORNY?? You're not as young as I thought!

What can I say? I'm retro:wink: Should I be more like:

Ya so I was chillin with the homeys at the crib, giving mad skillz to the games, and this fly honey walks in all "bling bling", so I was like "shizzle my nizzle", but she was frontin, so I was like my bad.

ROFL- that reminds me of this commercial of this girl walking into her parents trying to be cool and hip. Too funny.

Originally posted by Zantra
What can I say? I'm retro:wink:
Cool. Retro is tits, man. :wink:
You remind me of a young guy with an 'old soul'. I was talking more to pace. I was hopin' they'd have come up with something better than 'corny' by now. I (for some reason) always hated that word. Well, 'hate' is a little strong. Let's say 'disliked'. Corny always sounded so, well... corny!

Should I be more like:
Ya so I was chillin with the homeys at the crib, giving mad skillz to the games, and this fly honey walks in all "bling bling", so I was like "shizzle my nizzle", but she was frontin, so I was like my bad.
WWWWHAT? Shizzle your nizzle? NO! Not in front of God and everybody!
I like you as you! ('dad'):wink:

ROFL- that reminds me of this commercial of this girl walking into her parents trying to be cool and hip. Too funny.
ROLF! Ha! I like ROLF, too! (Or is that another acronym that I'm unaware of?) (Chortle, guffaw)

Cool. Retro is tits, man. :wink:
You remind me of a young guy with an 'old soul'. I was talking more to pace. I was hopin' they'd have come up with something better than 'corny' by now. I (for some reason) always hated that word. Well, 'hate' is a little strong. Let's say 'disliked'. Corny always sounded so, well... corny!
TITS?*short ciruits from severe overload of ways to respond to that*
Ok, I haven't heard THAT one, I'm either too old, or too young- definitely too young for such language;) But that's very b!tchin of you to notice!

Ya I'm older than my years- life sometimes does that to ya;)

WWWWHAT? Shizzle your nizzle? NO! Not in front of God and everybody!
I like you as you! ('dad'):wink:

"hate the game, not the playa"
Ya I laugh just saying this stuff. I can't wait until my daughter's 13 and I walk in and rattle off a few of these lines. These moments are priceless- it's a kodak moment.

ROLF! Ha! I like ROLF, too! (Or is that another acronym that I'm unaware of?) (Chortle, guffaw) [/B]

ok I walked right into that one

Last edited:
TITS?*short ciruits from severe overload of ways to respond to that*
Ok, I haven't heard THAT one, I'm either too old, or too young- definitely too young for such language;) Ya I'm older than my years- life sometimes does that to ya;)
HEY! Watch yerself pipsqueak! I ain't THAT old! Why, I'm barely old enough to be a (Good Lord!) GRANDMOTHER!

"hate the game, not the playa"
Ya I laugh just saying this stuff. I can't wait until my daughter's 13 and I walk in and rattle off a few of these lines. These moments are priceless- it's a kodak moment.
Click/flash

ok I walked right into that one
Yes, you did. :wink: (Trip/crash)

GALE! There truly are lots of really good men out there!

Yes, he's right...pick me, pick me

Tsunami, 'corny' is allowed in international communications, so that we understand each other.

It is! It is I tell you!

i'm sorry too, i was only kidding, mostly anywyas. I'm not at all offended or upset, so don't worry about that, I'm glad people are concerned, that says enough.

... i don't even hear corny used anymore, sappy, dopey, queer, but not corny, how old is that?

... i don't even hear corny used anymore, sappy, dopey, queer,
SAPPY! Perfect! I like that word; let's use SAPPY!

but not corny, how old is that?
Don't ask. Well...OK. You've heard of Moses?...

Don't ask. Well...OK. You've heard of Moses?...

heh, wow I'm slow, i stared at the screen and was like... yeah, i know moses, did he have corn or someting...?

heh, wow I'm slow, i stared at the screen and was like... yeah, i know moses, did he have corn or someting...?
Yeah, well, his MOM used to say he was pretty corny even as a kid! See, I knew his mom... She was kinda SAPPY.

Yeah, well, his MOM used to say he was pretty corny even as a kid! See, I knew his mom... She was kinda SAPPY.

You chicks are so square!

You chicks are so square!
Oh, Dad...Leave us alone!
Isn't your show 'Car 54, Where Are You?' on TV or something...:wink:

are we still talking about the male mind?

Oh, Dad...Leave us alone!
Isn't your show 'Car 54, Where Are You?' on TV or something...:wink:

I guess I can't find a generation to settle into:wink:

Originally posted by Kerrie
are we still talking about the male mind?

you've read so far and still have questions about human mind?
isn't this thread revealing enough?

I guess I can't find a generation to settle into:wink:
Don't worry about it. We love you anyway.

My personal opinion: Men are playthings. Meant to be toyed with, teased, and used for pleasure. If they aren't pleasing, get rid of him, one women's trash is another's treasure. Sex is the easiest way to control any man, and every man can be controlled by sex. It doesn't matter if a guy has a mind, more often than not, he won't use it. When he does happen to use it, its a completely different ball game.

don't get too upset. Jokes are meant to be funny... as in haha... i do not sacrifice my body or time or energy or whatever. on weekends instead of playing tag or ring-around-the-rosie, i seduce guys for kicks, just my version of fun. Oh, and yeah, every man my age can be controlled by sex, you just need to make em realize it first...

This is soooo sad it is funny. Reality check: Not every teenage male can be controlled by sex (seriously, it is not that hard to get sex). You are not in a position of power in these types of relationships! There seems to be this notion (I call it "MTV Liberalism") that females are challenging the sexual status quo by taking on the cliché male role. It simply isn't true. Progress is not made in so much as changing the way people act as it is in altering the way they view those actions, and believe me (as a male who knows many other males) your mantra of sexual power only fuels male dominance, it plays into the already existing inequalities.

Originally posted by RageSk8
This is soooo sad it is funny. Reality check: Not every teenage male can be controlled by sex (seriously, it is not that hard to get sex). You are not in a position of power in these types of relationships! There seems to be this notion (I call it "MTV Liberalism") that females are challenging the sexual status quo by taking on the cliché male role. It simply isn't true. Progress is not made in so much as changing the way people act as it is in altering the way they view those actions, and believe me (as a male who knows many other males) your mantra of sexual power only fuels male dominance, it plays into the already existing inequalities.

Maybe that says a lot about society's changes that are taking place in regards to male/female interaction. With the advent of the "metrosexual", males are taking on a more "sensitive" role, while "liberated" females are attempting to take on the traditional male outlook. Personally I feel that it's so far been an abysmal failure. Each side is taking these role reversals to the etreme, so you end up with a bunch of pseudo-gay men, and assertive women who end up alienating males with their man-like behavior. I mean, as a man, I want to be with someone who acts like a woman-If I wanted to date a man, I'd turn gay:wink: And I'm sure women get tired of dating men who sob at the drop of a hat and have better fashion sense than they do.

Male/female roles have worked the same way for tens of thousands of years- if it ain't broke, don't fix it:wink:

Personally I feel that it's so far been an abysmal failure.

I think we essentially disagree here. Sometimes it needs to be expressed harder in order to push things the right direction. But not all men and women are comfortable have things as cowboy and princess Sugartop either.

I see some angry feminists around, but much more I think I see harry guys with all sorts of crazy harry oppinions, only able to look in the newest mech magazines.

I for one, would love to have a g/f that would love beating me in chess now and then, talk with my friends casually when we have gettogethers, TAKE me in bed nowandthen , and give me good advices in all kinds of things.
Oh, and female bosses are sexy too!

And I'm sure women get tired of dating men who sob at the drop of a hat and have better fashion sense than they do.

Women, as us men, happily takes everything. If a man has great fashion sense, with all the other good sides, get it on! :)

Male/female roles have worked the same way for tens of thousands of years- if it ain't broke, don't fix it:wink:

It's had many scratches. And as the liberal I am, I think it's time we try new stuff.

ps. It's strange to see how many female security guards around in my city, it looks like it's becoming more females than men. I guess women feel more social secure than men, and our town isn't very dangerous either.
It's just so strange seeing so many female security guards. It's almost as you want to do a crime just so they're going to come and get you!

In the news soon it's going to stand something like this:

" Strong increase in female security guards "

and some pages below:

" There have been reported 1000% increase in shoplifting. The Major is very disturbed in that seemingly all sorts of men in all ages have begun drasticly stealing clumsily all sorts of small candy bars and newspapers. "
Then there's some picture in action of a guy taken down by a female security guard smiling harmoniously like he won the lottery.

Last edited:
Head for the hills boys! Norway's been taken over by Uberfrauen and her wild-eyed band of femanazis. Pace apparently was one of their first victims.

I for one, would love to have a g/f that would love beating me in chess now and then, talk with my friends casually when we have gettogethers, TAKE me in bed nowandthen , and give me good advices in all kinds of things

Then there's some picture in action of a guy taken down by a female security guard smiling harmoniously like he won the lottery.

:rolleyes:

Anyways, by the beauty of the women here, I wish I were!

But that second one was a joke... ( ^^^^ Joke too!)
And I would love to be as supportive to her as she would be to me.

What sort of woman do you want anyway ?

---

ps. We're on 1000 threads guys!

Last edited:
What sort of woman do you want anyway ?

well, i'd like a woman with a sense of humor and a nice body. intelligent yet playful. a girl i can relate to, but has a lot of new and exciting experiences to relate to. plus it wouldn't hurt if she could work it in the bedroom...

...oh wait you weren't talking to me??

well, i'd like a woman with a sense of humor and a nice body. intelligent yet playful. a girl i can relate to, but has a lot of new and exciting experiences to relate to. plus it wouldn't hurt if she could work it in the bedroom...

heh oh yea sure :D so... you... ok then :smile:

Just make sure the midget holding the camera has a steady hand:wink:

Originally posted by RageSk8

Hi RageSk8,

I couldn't agree with you more. While I'm all about empowering females, I don't think that emulating traditionally male behavior that people look down upon is going to earn anyone any points. And fine, maybe it isn't about winning points but it's certainly about gaining respect - for yourself as well as women in general. The only bonus I can see to this behavior is that it's such an obviously flawed way of thinking that perhaps it will wake people up to the idiocy of it.

I also think it can be referred to as third wave feminism - it seems like the basic premise of it is that anything a woman does is a feminist move. As I read somewhere once, "Third wave feminism is so f*cking easy..."

This kind of behavior is sad though. Don't know what else to say about it. I've never known anyone who did this kind of thing as a teenager that was thankful in their later years. In fact, most of them ended up in dysfunctional relationships and pregnant. 'Tis a shame.

Back