The male mind, or what men really think about

• Thread starter Zantra
  • Start date
Originally posted by RageSk8
This is soooo sad it is funny. Reality check: Not every teenage male can be controlled by sex (seriously, it is not that hard to get sex). You are not in a position of power in these types of relationships! There seems to be this notion (I call it "MTV Liberalism") that females are challenging the sexual status quo by taking on the cliché male role. It simply isn't true. Progress is not made in so much as changing the way people act as it is in altering the way they view those actions, and believe me (as a male who knows many other males) your mantra of sexual power only fuels male dominance, it plays into the already existing inequalities.
Hi RageSk8,

I couldn't agree with you more. While I'm all about empowering females, I don't think that emulating traditionally male behavior that people look down upon is going to earn anyone any points. And fine, maybe it isn't about winning points but it's certainly about gaining respect - for yourself as well as women in general. The only bonus I can see to this behavior is that it's such an obviously flawed way of thinking that perhaps it will wake people up to the idiocy of it.

I also think it can be referred to as third wave feminism - it seems like the basic premise of it is that anything a woman does is a feminist move. As I read somewhere once, "Third wave feminism is so f*cking easy..."

This kind of behavior is sad though. Don't know what else to say about it. I've never known anyone who did this kind of thing as a teenager that was thankful in their later years. In fact, most of them ended up in dysfunctional relationships and pregnant. 'Tis a shame.