1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The maths behind card games

1. Sep 26, 2006 #1
    I am interested in learning about the probabilities involved in card games, i.e., poker. However what would I be required to study for gaining this knowledge of how much chance is involved for certain combination of cards, and I really have no idea on what I could begin looking at. I was wondering if somebody happening to read this might know what I should look for and explain the basics/fundamentals involved for this, if it does not take too much of your time. Many thanks,
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 26, 2006 #2
    I dont have that much information but i know one thing. That is find and read books on "game theory". There are many books written on the topic. I hope this helps
  4. Sep 27, 2006 #3
    hey thats great Samuel, it gives me somewhere to start from, thank you very much
  5. Sep 27, 2006 #4

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?