The Matrix is NOT a Christian Movie

• Thread starter eNtRopY
  • Start date
Originally posted by N_Quire
If the Matrix were an overtly muslim movie, it wouldn't make a bean in America. If it can create a feeling, illusion even, that it is an exciting movie which also supports the values of mainstream America, eg christianity, it has a chance of appealing to its American audience.
This is a bit of an exaggeration, but a valid point. Presumably there are a finite number of distinctive rudamentary worldviews. There relationships are particularly interesting.

N_Quire
Matrix is not a subversive movie and it stays within an established good guy - bad guy language and storyline. The landscape might be different but it is a mainstream story with nothing new or radical that is being said. And why should it risk being those things? It has a duty to its backers to make money.

eNtRopY
Originally posted by screwball
Can you elaborate on some of the characteristics that make neo less likely a Buddha parallel than a Jesus parallel?
I don't understand your question.

eNtRopY

greeneagle3000
tmhu

the matrix is not a christian movie.
it is a phillosophical movie.
let me explain, as a matrix fan.
you see, the matrix had all those action to grab attention from more people. we're not going to sit by the big screen hearing some guy telling us that our lives are just a bunch of crap?
because our life is an illusion, they are able to do anything.
hence all those flying stuff.
there is no religion refrence here. there will be a war to this.
i have no religion and i don't believe in god but i know the truth.