What is the Meaning of Life Without Life?

• Thread starter Intuitive
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Life
In summary, the conversation discusses different perspectives on the meaning of life. Some believe that life's purpose is to experience the wonders of the universe, while others believe that life itself is its own purpose. Some argue that life is full of errors and shame, while others believe that the only reason for doing something is the reasons we create for ourselves. Ultimately, the purpose of life is subjective and may differ for each individual.
Whether or not life has meaning is a statement of faith. If you choose to believe that life has no meaning - a leap of faith - then that's what you get.

Physics news on Phys.org
A very subjective question - the meaning is in the mind of the beholder.

On the other hand, and being repetitive, this works -

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body.

The goal is to skid in broadside; tires smoking, body all dented, leaking fluids and fuel gauge on empty, thoroughly used up and worn out, and loudly proclaiming - Holy s#*t! What a Ride!" :cool:

Go for it, Man! :cool: :tongue2:

Astronuc said:
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body.

The goal is to skid in broadside; tires smoking, body all dented, leaking fluids and fuel gauge on empty, thoroughly used up and worn out, and loudly proclaiming - Holy s#*t! What a Ride!"
Absolutely loved this quote from the first time I heard it.

That is a healthy attitude towards life!

Astronuc said:

The goal is to skid in broadside; tires smoking, body all dented, leaking fluids and fuel gauge on empty, thoroughly used up and worn out, and loudly proclaiming - Holy s#*t! What a Ride!"

Just so long as you keep in mind that you may have to drive around in that car before you actually park it. Of course if you know when and where to park your car, then that's not a problem.
I do get the idea that the quote is trying to communicate, but i think it's something that's hard to live by, unless you know you're dying in x days. In some aspects it's also unwise, life can be a valuable thing, and throwing it away just for the ride doesn't sound like the best strategy. It's best to find a happy medium between the two extremes.

Last edited:
Amazing, such a useless thread and its already three pages long.

Rach3 said:
You're right. Let's start a thread about punctuation or something.:biggrin:

Rach3 said:
Wait until you're about 50 or so, and start looking back. :wink:

-Job- said:
Just so long as you keep in mind that you may have to drive around in that car before you actually park it. Of course if you know when and where to park your car, then that's not a problem.
I do get the idea that the quote is trying to communicate, but i think it's something that's hard to live by, unless you know you're dying in x days. In some aspects it's also unwise, life can be a valuable thing, and throwing it away just for the ride doesn't sound like the best strategy. It's best to find a happy medium between the two extremes.
Well, I'm enjoying the ride and making the most of it. Most significant to me are the people I meet along the way. Before I met them, I didn't know they existed, and the best part is when they become friends.

Sometimes the ride is smooth and relaxed, sometimes its bumpy and sometimes it gets intense - and the end is still on the horizon. And I do take time out to smell the flowers, watch sunsets or sunrises, listen to the songs of the birds, watch stars at night, wonder of the world and the universe, and think a lot.

Life is a journey (a trip!) between birth and death. As long as one is alive, do something meaningful and hopefully enjoyable.

Where there is life, there is hope.

If one doesn't like the path one's on, then one can change the path.

The best quote I ever heard about the meaning of life was from Mindwalk.

Life is infinitely more than your or my obtuse theories about it (paraphrased).

To seek meaning is a subliminal assertion of ones own emptiness..

...Purpose is just another fancy word to hide mans vanity...

...and All is Vanity :zzz:

I never needed a reason...(to live)

Just Live...this is not a dress rehersal :rofl:

You fools. The answer is 42.

Life's a piece of s**t,
when you think of it..

Therefore, we should always look at the bright side of it*

*Refers here to "life" not to s**t.

arildno said:
Life's a piece of s**t,
when you think of it..

What leads you to think that way?