The Meaning of Truth

• Thread starter Vance
  • Start date
Beautiful!!: "No matter what I read, subject to certain credentials and my inability to test, I must experience truth before I can accept it's worth"

Now, as for...
"the only abosolute truth is that there ain't none!"
...you have me mistaken...in a sense.
All because you have not found it yet doesn't mean it doesn't exist (whether its The Truth or Truths). Empathise with others - allow the fact that others may know things you don't in the same way you know things others may not. Going on current data is fine - doesn't mean you have to discount possiblities. It would go against your experience since you yourself know certain things with greater certainty now then you did before.
The ball will fall - yes. But go into space it won't fall the same way. What i mean by that is that 500 years ago people might have said something different to 'does a bal fall towards the earth if dropped from space?'

quddusaliquddus said:
Beautiful!!: "No matter what I read, subject to certain credentials and my inability to test, I must experience truth before I can accept it's worth"

Now, as for...
All because you have not found it yet doesn't mean it doesn't exist (whether its The Truth or Truths). Empathise with others - allow the fact that others may know things you don't in the same way you know things others may not. Going on current data is fine - doesn't mean you have to discount possiblities. It would go against your experience since you yourself know certain things with greater certainty now then you did before.
The ball will fall - yes. But go into space it won't fall the same way. What i mean by that is that 500 years ago people might have said something different to 'does a bal fall towards the earth if dropped from space?'
:smile:

I mean I like what you said, it is not yes, not no, but it is a maybe...:smile:

quddusaliquddus said:

Now, as for...
I AM CONFUSED. are you syaing that just because i haven't found the ultimate truth, it may still exist or does exist??

for me, any ultimate or absolute truth would be the end of omniverse. there may be a trith that finishes my trip through a particular universe, however, within infinity and eternity there can never be an end.

it is my position that as long as we grow and expand there will never be a final truth. if, for no other reason than we would change the ground rules of the reality to create a new search for truth.

yes! there are ground rules, as it were, that we follow during this trip through this reality. they are not an absolute truth. also, i suspect that we also operate on many levels simultaneously. these other 'realities' have their ground rules also. so, to me, it would seem that rules and truths are constantly changing.

love and peace,
olde drunk