1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The Meat of The Lectures

1. Jun 28, 2016 #1
    Hello everyone,
    i am currently bedridden and bored out of my mind , thus i have started to watch all of the Walter Lewin lectures that were removed from MIT's OCW(on youtube). Right now i'm doing 8.01X, the lectures are truly fascinating however all of the course work comes from a textbook that i do not own. I was wondering if anyone here had some problem sets that might go with this course. I would really love to freshen up my mind by doing some grunt work. anything really would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 29, 2016 #2

robphy

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

4. Jun 30, 2016 #3
    yes however the assignments more often than not refer to the book used in the lectures. i was wondering if their was perhaps some free problems i could work through.

5. Jul 7, 2016 #4
    Lewin's lectures and assignments are from 1999. Thus, they refer to an older edition of Ohanian which should be quite inexpensive. I'm not 100% sure, but I think Lewin's assignments are from Ohanian's 1994 Principles of Physics.

As to the question you asked, Ramamurti Shankar's Yale open course Fundamentals of Physics has all of the assignments available online in the course materials at http://oyc.yale.edu/physics/phys-200. The video lectures are also available there and on YouTube.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted