Looking for 8.01X problem sets - Can anyone help?

• Thread starter jebjed
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Lectures
In summary, the speaker is bedridden and watching Walter Lewin's lectures on YouTube to pass the time. They are currently watching 8.01X, but do not have the textbook for the course and are looking for problem sets to practice. They mention a YouTube channel that posts links to assignments and solutions, but these often refer to the textbook used in the lectures. They also mention that Lewin's lectures and assignments are from 1999 and suggest using an older edition of Ohanian's book. They also suggest checking out Ramamurti Shankar's Yale open course for assignments and lecture videos.
jebjed
Hello everyone,
i am currently bedridden and bored out of my mind , thus i have started to watch all of the Walter Lewin lectures that were removed from MIT's OCW(on youtube). Right now I'm doing 8.01X, the lectures are truly fascinating however all of the course work comes from a textbook that i do not own. I was wondering if anyone here had some problem sets that might go with this course. I would really love to freshen up my mind by doing some grunt work. anything really would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Science news on Phys.org
yes however the assignments more often than not refer to the book used in the lectures. i was wondering if their was perhaps some free problems i could work through.

Lewin's lectures and assignments are from 1999. Thus, they refer to an older edition of Ohanian which should be quite inexpensive. I'm not 100% sure, but I think Lewin's assignments are from Ohanian's 1994 Principles of Physics.

As to the question you asked, Ramamurti Shankar's Yale open course Fundamentals of Physics has all of the assignments available online in the course materials at http://oyc.yale.edu/physics/phys-200. The video lectures are also available there and on YouTube.

1. What exactly is "The Meat of The Lectures"?

The Meat of The Lectures refers to the main and most important information or content that is covered in a lecture or presentation. It is the core of the lecture and provides the key concepts and ideas that the audience should take away.

2. How is "The Meat of The Lectures" different from other parts of a lecture?

The Meat of The Lectures is different from other parts of a lecture, such as the introduction or conclusion, because it contains the main information and ideas that the speaker wants to convey. It is typically more detailed and covers the most important aspects of the topic being discussed.

3. How can I identify the "Meat" of a lecture?

Identifying the "Meat" of a lecture can be done by paying attention to the key points and main ideas that the speaker is emphasizing. These are usually the most important and relevant parts of the lecture that the speaker wants the audience to remember and understand.

4. Why is understanding "The Meat of The Lectures" important?

Understanding the "Meat" of a lecture is important because it allows the audience to grasp the main concepts and ideas being presented. This can help with retention and application of the information in the future. It also helps the audience to focus on the most important parts of the lecture and filter out any unnecessary information.

5. How can I improve my ability to understand and remember "The Meat of The Lectures"?

To improve your ability to understand and remember the "Meat" of a lecture, it is important to actively listen and take notes during the lecture. It can also be helpful to ask questions or participate in discussions to clarify any confusing points. It is also beneficial to review and summarize the main points after the lecture to reinforce your understanding.