1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The Mentat Paradox

1. Mar 23, 2003 #1
    [SOLVED] the Mentat Paradox

I must say, I was somewhat confused when I recently read Mentat's profile. In previous threads, he has claimed to be an eight year old third grader who plays piano at the fifth grade level. Which I admit, would be quite an impressive accomplishment. Yet, according to his profile, he was born on April 29th, 1988. Now I'm not a child prodigy, nor was I ever, but according to my calculations that would make him fifteen next month. Yes, this is confusing; however, I think I have finally solved the paradox.

Mentat was abducted by aliens. They flew him around the universe at speeds nearing that of light in a vacuum. When he was returned, his time had contracted relative to that of the Earth's frame of reference.

eNtRopY

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 23, 2003 #2
    I'm afraid you misunderstood. I said (in previous threads) that I was in the third grad of piano. I also said that when I was eight I had read my entire elementary school library (this thread was about people's intellectual capabilities).

I am a 14-year-old Junior (in High School) and have admitted to being such on many threads.

4. Mar 24, 2003 #3
    Re: Re: the Mentat Paradox

Hi Mentat... you might want to get together with one of today's newest members "quant". This person's birthday is April 29th as well. What a lovely co-incidence for you two.

5. Mar 24, 2003 #4
    So you skipped a year of school? Impressive.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?