The mentors at the Evergreen Aircraft Museum

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Aircraft
In summary: I don't know. It just seems like a waste to me, to shave it all off just to go back to being a regular Joe.If you get the chance, have a look at Bill Bailey - Bewilderness (the DVD from his tour). He does a rather comical sketch about how his beard and big hair got him pulled at customs, and how his kazoo got confiscated because they thought it was a dope pipe.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
http://home.comcast.net/~rossgr1/EAM/mentors.JPG at the museum.

Janus said:
The challenge of course is to figure out who's who.

I just hope that Greg notices that we were wearing our PF mentor uniforms.

EDIT: Ivans post, but I split it out of the aircraft thread. Thought some others might like these pics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Ivan Seeking said:
I just hope that Greg notices that we were wearing our PF mentor uniforms.

You know, I thought it was a bit odd when he first brought up the idea, But a few people did ask us about them while we were there, so they might have attracted some new visitors to PF. Also they also made it easier to spot each other initially.

Hey Integral, be sure to send Janus that one shot that shows how large his bald spot is compared to mine.

Ivan Seeking said:
Hey Integral, be sure to send Janus that one shot that shows how large his bald spot is compared to mine.

Bald spot? What bald spot?

Ok, Here are Janus and Ivan discussing who has the biggest bald spot.

http://home.comcast.net/~rossgr1/EAM/mentors3.JPG

Here are some museum visitors inspecting the Blackbird cockpit.
http://home.comcast.net/~rossgr1/EAM/mentors4.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to bring it to the top.

Wow, must have been a long day to warrant a change of clothes from the first picture to the second. :wink:

Never say that the Mentors are not prepared!

Integral said:
Never say that the Mentors are not prepared!
Who knew there was an official PF Mentor uniform?! And here I though the mentor's lounge was one of those wild, clothing optional type places, what with the hot tubs and stuff you have back there. At least that's what rumor says. I'll have to get our spy, Tsu, to check it out and report back.

So if the three of you went to the museum, who took the picture of the all of you standing on the platform?

Something's fishy...

Monique said:
So if the three of you went to the museum, who took the picture of the all of you standing on the platform?

Something's fishy...

We had one of the museum staff take it for us.

Too funny, that mentors also can morph themselfs into different body shapes as well!
And wonderful, that you can share such great times.

hypatia said:
Too funny, that mentors also can morph themselfs into different body shapes as well!
I believe that is part of the test to become a super mentor...shape shifting.

Of course shape shifting is a mentor requirement, you don't think that Gregg takes just ANYBODY, do you?

hypatia said:
And wonderful, that you can share such great times.
I was thinking it's such a shame Integral decided to shave his beard. Perhaps it was just too hot to keep it in the summer. And, Janus, you really need to work out or live a less stressful life or something; you're really not aging gracefully in those photos.

Moonbear said:
I was thinking it's such a shame Integral decided to shave his beard. Perhaps it was just too hot to keep it in the summer.

That's no excuse. My stance on beard-growing is clear. Beards are cool, and having a beard increases the amount of respect you have by between 3 and 30 times, depending on the length and quality of growth. Astronuc knows this...

FredGarvin said:
I believe that is part of the test to become a super mentor...shape shifting.

That's why we are super mentors. You know, with powers and abilities far beyond those of mortal mentors.

Moonbear said:
I was thinking it's such a shame Integral decided to shave his beard. Perhaps it was just too hot to keep it in the summer. And, Janus, you really need to work out or live a less stressful life or something; you're really not aging gracefully in those photos.
Not to worry, I grew it back last night! I am seriously considering cutting my hair way back if this trip to Ireland goes through. Don't really think the old hippy look is a good thing take through customs.

Integral said:
Not to worry, I grew it back last night! I am seriously considering cutting my hair way back if this trip to Ireland goes through. Don't really think the old hippy look is a good thing take through customs.

If you get the chance, have a look at Bill Bailey - Bewilderness (the DVD from his tour). He does a rather comical sketch about how his beard and big hair got him pulled at customs, and how his kazoo got confiscated because they thought it was a dope pipe.

Integral said:
Well, with a beard that grows back that fast, no problem shaving to get through customs. :rofl: But, yeah, I agree, the long hair, long beard look is probably going to earn you some undue attention getting through customs.

Moonbear said:
Well, with a beard that grows back that fast, no problem shaving to get through customs. :rofl: But, yeah, I agree, the long hair, long beard look is probably going to earn you some undue attention getting through customs.

I'll wack the hair back to a conservative (NOT to much) level and just trim the beard to a respectable professor (Freud?) look. I customarily get a major haircut or two in a decade, this will be 2 already in this one.. a bit frequent... but it grows back!

Moonbear said:
And, Janus, you really need to work out or live a less stressful life or something; you're really not aging gracefully in those photos.

Aging gracefully? . Hmm, maybe I should have tried that. I fought it tooth and nail, kicking and clawing the whole way, and it did tend to add a little wear and tear.

1. Who are the mentors at the Evergreen Aircraft Museum?

The mentors at the Evergreen Aircraft Museum are a team of experienced professionals who have a passion for aviation and a desire to share their knowledge with others. They come from various backgrounds, including retired pilots, engineers, and military veterans.

2. What qualifications do the mentors have?

The mentors at the Evergreen Aircraft Museum are highly qualified individuals with years of experience in the field of aviation. Many have obtained advanced degrees in aeronautics, engineering, or related fields, and all have extensive hands-on experience with aircraft.

3. What kind of mentoring do the mentors provide?

The mentors at the Evergreen Aircraft Museum provide a wide range of mentoring services, including one-on-one coaching, group workshops, and classroom instruction. They also offer hands-on training and opportunities to work on actual aircraft.

4. How can I become a mentee at the Evergreen Aircraft Museum?

To become a mentee at the Evergreen Aircraft Museum, you can attend one of the museum's events or workshops, or reach out to the museum directly to inquire about mentorship opportunities. The mentors are always looking for passionate individuals who are eager to learn about aviation.

5. Can I become a mentor at the Evergreen Aircraft Museum?

If you have a strong background in aviation and a desire to share your knowledge with others, you may be able to become a mentor at the Evergreen Aircraft Museum. Contact the museum to inquire about their mentorship program and the qualifications required to become a mentor.