Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The Minister Who Killed Abortionists

1. Jeb Bush does something right for once. Kill the SoB.

4 vote(s)
  2. He should have a life sentence to deny him "martyrdom".

5 vote(s)
  3. He should be set free. (!)

0 vote(s)
  4. Other - Post

1 vote(s)
  1. Sep 3, 2003 #1

What do you think?
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 3, 2003 #2
    "I expect a great reward in heaven,...I am looking forward to glory."

"The true fanatic is a theocrat, someone who sees himself as acting on behalf of some super-personal force: the Race, the Party, History, the Proletariat, the Poor, and so on. These absolve him from evil, hence he may safely do anything in their service."
    -- Lloyd Billingsley

I guess the 10 commandments are just so many guidelines, but giving the State power to execute makes me queezy. I voted to let him rot for the remainder of his life, without parole.
  4. Sep 3, 2003 #3

Gold Member

As a 'former' minister of God, I don't understand how he could justify killing. It goes against everything he ever stood for.
  5. Sep 4, 2003 #4
    What, he should be put in prison so he can shank all the 'sinners' in there too?
  6. Sep 12, 2003 #5
    This guy is one of those people who gives anti abortionists a bad name. Isn't it contradictory how he acts upon the one thing he preached to prevent?
  7. Sep 12, 2003 #6

Staff: Mentor

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzt. Regular or extra crispy?

Good riddence.
    I think you know why but it probably scares the heck out of you (as it should). He (like many many others) believes that when doing God's work, sometimes you are allowed - compelled even - to break some rules for the "greater good." He thinks he's an agent of God and therefore not bound by God's laws, much less society's laws. People like that are as dangerous as dangerous gets. They are Hitlers, Stalins, and Maos.
  8. Sep 14, 2003 #7
    Hmmmm...I wish I weren't a mentor, so I could reply the way some others on this board do, with something like:

[sarcasm] See, this is proof that Christianity is a sick cult, and its followers should be put down like the barely human beasts that they are![/sarcasm]
  9. Sep 14, 2003 #8
    It is very ironic that somebody who hates killing innocent babies has no problem killing other people.

Zero, I noted the sarcasm tags but just a word to anybody who is sincere with that statement: This is just one nut. Not all Christians are victims of lunancy.
  10. Sep 14, 2003 #9
    Just noting that no one ever says that all of Christianity or Judaism is responsible for the actions of its more extreme fringe groups.
  11. Sep 14, 2003 #10
    That's very true with special emphasis on Christianity and Judaism.

I really hate to say, but it is the truth. A Christian and a Muslim are both tried for murder. For the Christian, the individual gets the blame. For the Muslim, Islam gets the blame.

Anyway, to get back on topic. In reality, if we executed him, wouldn't we be really a hypocrisy on our part?

Think about it this way. A killed B because B killed C. D kills A for killing B. Wouldn't that put A and D in the same situation?
  12. Sep 14, 2003 #11

Staff: Mentor

The reason is simply that they are on the extreme fringe. If the "extreme fringe" were actually the majority or controlling entity, then it would be different.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?