The Minister Who Killed Abortionists

• News
  • Thread starter FZ+
  • Start date
In summary, a former minister was facing execution for anti-abortion violence, and there were calls to halt the execution from death penalty opponents. In an interview, the minister expressed his belief that he would receive a great reward in heaven and encouraged others to act as he did. Some people believe that giving the state the power to execute is worrisome, and some questioned how the minister could justify killing when it goes against his beliefs. Others criticized him for giving anti-abortionists a bad name. The conversation also touched on the double standard of blaming a whole religion for the actions of a few extremists.

What do you think?

• Jeb Bush does something right for once. Kill the SoB.

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • He should have a life sentence to deny him "martyrdom".

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • He should be set free. (!)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other - Post

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
FZ+
http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2003-09-03-hill_x.htm

The 49-year-old former Presbyterian minister stood to become the first person executed in the United States for anti-abortion violence.

Death penalty opponents and others called on Gov. Jeb Bush to halt the execution, some of them warning Hill's death would make him a martyr and unleash more violence against abortion clinics. The governor said he would not be "bullied" into stopping the execution, the third in Florida this year.

"I expect a great reward in heaven," he said in the interview, during which he was cheerful, often smiling. "I am looking forward to glory."

He added: "More people should act as I have acted."

What do you think?

Physics news on Phys.org
"I expect a great reward in heaven,...I am looking forward to glory."

"The true fanatic is a theocrat, someone who sees himself as acting on behalf of some super-personal force: the Race, the Party, History, the Proletariat, the Poor, and so on. These absolve him from evil, hence he may safely do anything in their service."
-- Lloyd Billingsley

I guess the 10 commandments are just so many guidelines, but giving the State power to execute makes me queezy. I voted to let him rot for the remainder of his life, without parole.

As a 'former' minister of God, I don't understand how he could justify killing. It goes against everything he ever stood for.

What, he should be put in prison so he can shank all the 'sinners' in there too?

This guy is one of those people who gives anti abortionists a bad name. Isn't it contradictory how he acts upon the one thing he preached to prevent?

Originally posted by FZ+
What do you think?
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzt. Regular or extra crispy?

Good riddence.
As a 'former' minister of God, I don't understand how he could justify killing.
I think you know why but it probably scares the heck out of you (as it should). He (like many many others) believes that when doing God's work, sometimes you are allowed - compelled even - to break some rules for the "greater good." He thinks he's an agent of God and therefore not bound by God's laws, much less society's laws. People like that are as dangerous as dangerous gets. They are Hitlers, Stalins, and Maos.

Hmmmm...I wish I weren't a mentor, so I could reply the way some others on this board do, with something like:

[sarcasm] See, this is proof that Christianity is a sick cult, and its followers should be put down like the barely human beasts that they are![/sarcasm]

It is very ironic that somebody who hates killing innocent babies has no problem killing other people.

See, this is proof that Christianity is a sick cult, and its followers should be put down like the barely human beasts that they are!

Zero, I noted the sarcasm tags but just a word to anybody who is sincere with that statement: This is just one nut. Not all Christians are victims of lunancy.

Originally posted by Sting
It is very ironic that somebody who hates killing innocent babies has no problem killing other people.

Zero, I noted the sarcasm tags but just a word to anybody who is sincere with that statement: This is just one nut. Not all Christians are victims of lunancy.
Just noting that no one ever says that all of Christianity or Judaism is responsible for the actions of its more extreme fringe groups.

Just noting that no one ever says that all of Christianity or Judaism is responsible for the actions of its more extreme fringe groups.

That's very true with special emphasis on Christianity and Judaism.

I really hate to say, but it is the truth. A Christian and a Muslim are both tried for murder. For the Christian, the individual gets the blame. For the Muslim, Islam gets the blame.

Anyway, to get back on topic. In reality, if we executed him, wouldn't we be really a hypocrisy on our part?

Think about it this way. A killed B because B killed C. D kills A for killing B. Wouldn't that put A and D in the same situation?

Originally posted by Zero
The reason is simply that they are on the extreme fringe. If the "extreme fringe" were actually the majority or controlling entity, then it would be different.

What is "The Minister Who Killed Abortionists" about?

"The Minister Who Killed Abortionists" is a fictional novel that explores the controversial topic of abortion and how it affects individuals and society as a whole. It follows the story of a minister who takes extreme measures to stop abortion, and the consequences of his actions.

Is "The Minister Who Killed Abortionists" based on a true story?

No, "The Minister Who Killed Abortionists" is a work of fiction and is not based on any real events or individuals. However, the author may have drawn inspiration from real-life events and issues surrounding abortion.

What message does "The Minister Who Killed Abortionists" convey?

The novel raises thought-provoking questions about the morality of abortion and the actions of individuals who strongly oppose it. It also explores the consequences of extremism and how it can harm both individuals and society.

Is "The Minister Who Killed Abortionists" appropriate for all audiences?

Due to its sensitive subject matter and graphic descriptions, "The Minister Who Killed Abortionists" may not be suitable for all audiences. It is recommended for mature readers who are comfortable with exploring controversial topics.

As a scientist, what is your opinion on "The Minister Who Killed Abortionists"?

As a scientist, my opinion is that "The Minister Who Killed Abortionists" is a work of fiction and should not be taken as a representation of scientific facts or opinions. However, it does raise important ethical and moral questions that are worth discussing and considering. It is important to approach this novel with an open mind and to engage in respectful and thoughtful discussions about the issues it presents.

Back