The Missing Six Minutes with Ron Paul

• News
  • Thread starter kach22i
  • Start date
In summary, Ron Paul was interviewed on Glenn Beck's program, but the interview was cut short without explanation. The filler video was a mock interview between a Comcast commentator and another person of little note. It's strange that the interview was cut off just as it was getting interesting, and it's possible that a local black out was responsible.
kach22i
The Missing Six Minutes with Ron Paul 12/19/07

Last night at 9:54 PM and this morning at 5:54 AM an interview cable TV program featuring Ron Paul called Headline News (CNN 24 hour news) with Glenn Beck conducting the interview was cut off adbruptly and without explanation.

Glenn Beck just prior to going to commercial break promised to let Ron Paul speak his mind about any topic and not be limited to a 20-second sound bite, which Beck claimed tends to make Paul sound "Crazy" (his words not mine).

What is strange is that last night which I understand was a "live" interview was cut off by a grainy news clip about seniors bowling, and how bowling is fun and good exercise, a game played by the ancient Egyptians...completely irrelevant to anything. An emergency filler for something gone terribly wrong I'm forced to assume.

This morining the "filler" was provided by my local cable carrier "ComCast" . Just as irrelevant, this was a mock interview between a ComCast commentator and another person of little note. I don't even know the point of the filler, it was obviously thrown together in the heat of the moment, and recently too, just to fill the time allotted before the next scheduled program.

An interview conspiracy?

A local black out?

What's going on here?

Did anyone see the whole interview to the end?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
It looks like a few people on Digg saw the same thing
http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Ron_Paul_Hour_Long_Interview_With_Glenn_Beck_Dec_18_2007 [Broken]
"CNN put on some senior to talk about bowling for a convenient 10 minutes which totally blocked out the rest of the programming where Ron was supposed to be talking."

I didn't know he was supposed to be on Beck's show, but I'll be sure to watch that later :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
ShawnD said:
It looks like a few people on Digg saw the same thing
http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Ron_Paul_Hour_Long_Interview_With_Glenn_Beck_Dec_18_2007 [Broken]
"CNN put on some senior to talk about bowling for a convenient 10 minutes which totally blocked out the rest of the programming where Ron was supposed to be talking."

I didn't know he was supposed to be on Beck's show, but I'll be sure to watch that later :smile:

Thank you for the link, the last segment is intact and viewable.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SGQJZhiEAXE

Hahaha, I got that old lady talking about bowling too, hooray for Comcrap! I caught the end of Beck later on since they rerun his show every other hour or so ;)

lol I love you Ron Paul

Paul keeps white supremacist donation
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071219/ap_po/ron_paul_white_supremacist [Broken]

opus said:
lol I love you Ron Paul

Paul keeps white supremacist donation
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071219/ap_po/ron_paul_white_supremacist [Broken]

Yeah but he has a rock solid excuse. The first amendment protects their right to hate anybody, and I support that particular amendment, so I can keep this money :biggrin:

1. What is "The Missing Six Minutes with Ron Paul"?

"The Missing Six Minutes with Ron Paul" is a video that surfaced in 2012, showing presidential candidate Ron Paul discussing various topics such as foreign policy and the Federal Reserve in a speech from 1988 that was previously thought to be lost.

2. Why is this video significant?

This video is significant because it provides insight into Ron Paul's beliefs and political views during a crucial time in his career. It also sparked discussions and debates about his stance on certain issues and the consistency of his principles.

3. How did this video resurface after so many years?

The video was found by a user on YouTube who noticed that a portion of the speech was missing. The user then contacted Ron Paul's campaign team, who confirmed that the original video was indeed missing six minutes of footage. The full version was then released to the public.

4. Has Ron Paul commented on the missing six minutes?

Yes, Ron Paul has acknowledged the missing six minutes and stated that he was not aware of the missing footage until it was brought to his attention. He also stated that the edited version of the speech was likely due to time constraints during the event.

5. How has this video affected Ron Paul's reputation?

This video has had mixed reactions from the public. Some believe that it solidifies Ron Paul's consistency and honesty, while others criticize him for not disclosing the missing footage earlier. Overall, it has not significantly impacted his reputation or political career.