Dumb & Dumber: The Most Ridiculous Theories of Modern Times

In summary, this conversation is about a theory that says Earth is on a giant turtle that goes on and on.
eljose
Hello everybody...it,s showtime:redface: :redface: why care for studying and being a serious scientist when you can make millions and fame by saying nonsenses?...heeere..we are our list of "Dumb & Dumber" of modern times...

Bible secret codes:=oh yeah¡¡..yes you don,t need to get a future-teller or buy a book on parapsycology all you need is the Bible and the future is written on it..

Panspermia Hypothesis:=Life came to Earth in some capsules or meteorites...:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: so don,t look for Marvin the Martion because is living on Earth now...:tongue2: :tongue2:

Do we life in the Matrix?:=no,no is not the Keanu Reeves´ popular film, but some physicst say (of course after taking some kind of drugs..) that we live on a..¡¡2 dimensional world¡¡..so the 3-D is only an imagination and we are nothing but flats figures..of course the 3-D effect is caused by gravity.

Gaia Hypothesis:=Earth is alive so be careful¡¡¡...:uhh: :uhh: :uhh: he/seh or it can kill all of us...

And George Bush is supposed to be an idiot...

Physics news on Phys.org
I beg your pardon? You've just called Gaia theory a stupid 1?:grumpy:
whether it's true or not, I like this theory alot! :smile:

Take the red pill eljose

Either I'm missing the point of Gaia, or its truly ridiculous. They just seem to start with some good ecological principles (unlike most of these types of things), hint at a reasonable conclusion, then just piss on all of it and take a truly rediculous leap into insanity.

I herd this one theory that all famous people(inculding those rometly famous) are lizards that rule the world
I herd another one that moon is secret alien base mointering humanity.

I heard something about WMD's in Iraq...:wink:

EL said:
I heard something about WMD's in Iraq...:wink:
Me too.But I herd that the Vice president of the United states shot someone on "acciedent" and he had to cover up by getting the media distracted by invading Iraq for WMD.

eljose said:
Panspermia Hypothesis:=Life came to Earth in some capsules or meteorites...:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: so don,t look for Marvin the Martion because is living on Earth now...:tongue2: :tongue2:

This one is actually plausible, as I understand it. Is it not possible for a single-cell organism to survive a space journey (not necessarily operate while in transit)? It's an unnecessary conclusion, of course, since it just means life started somewhere else first.

what about creationism?

matthyaouw said:
Either I'm missing the point of Gaia, or its truly ridiculous. They just seem to start with some good ecological principles (unlike most of these types of things), hint at a reasonable conclusion, then just piss on all of it and take a truly rediculous leap into insanity.
The first 1! :tongue2:

Smasherman said:
This one is actually plausible, as I understand it. Is it not possible for a single-cell organism to survive a space journey (not necessarily operate while in transit)? It's an unnecessary conclusion, of course, since it just means life started somewhere else first.

Sure its possible, but its unlikely.

Lisa! said:
The first 1! :tongue2:

Then can you enlighten me?

matthyaouw said:
Then can you enlighten me?

Earth will enlighten you in the future!:smile:(of course if you'll be alive long enough to see the final destiny of humans:wink: )

The flat Earth theory still exists! (look up the flAT EARTH SOCIETY)

We live on a giant turtle. That turtle is on another turtle. That turtle is on a larger turtle. It's turtles all the way down!

1. What are some examples of ridiculous theories from "Dumb & Dumber: The Most Ridiculous Theories of Modern Times"?

Some examples of ridiculous theories include the belief that the Earth is flat, that reptilian aliens control the government, and that the moon landing was faked.

2. Why are these theories considered ridiculous?

These theories are considered ridiculous because they lack scientific evidence and are often based on wild speculation and conspiracy theories.

3. Are there any legitimate theories included in "Dumb & Dumber: The Most Ridiculous Theories of Modern Times"?

No, all of the theories in this book are considered outlandish and have been widely debunked by the scientific community.

4. Why do people believe in these ridiculous theories?

People may believe in these theories because they are looking for simple explanations to complex phenomena or because they have a distrust of authority and mainstream science.

5. How can we combat the spread of these ridiculous theories?

The best way to combat the spread of these theories is through education and critical thinking. It is important to fact-check information and rely on credible sources. Additionally, promoting scientific literacy and encouraging open-mindedness can help prevent people from falling for these outlandish theories.

Back