1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The Motocycle Diaries (Che Guevara) is a fantastic movie.

1. Oct 24, 2004 #1
    I reccomend that everyone here, regardless of political ideology, go see The Motorcycle Diaries. The movie is about Ernesto "Che" Geuvara and his companion, Alberto Granado, on a motorcycle trip with the goal of exploring South America. The movie shows Ernesto (Che) and Alberto in their home-town, before leaving for the trip, with a romanticized sense of adventure about the trip. It goes on for a bit with some general adventuring, and later gets into the experiences that re-shaped Ernesto into Che and gave him the convictions which he later fought and died for (though the movie doesn't actually show any fighting or killing).

As I said, I don't think that your political ideology will really affect your ability to appreciate this this movie. Some people might see it as a story of a hero who picks up a noble and worthy cause, and others might see it as a story of a naive young man who tragically is sucked up into a movement that he can't possibly understand the consequences of. However you view it, the acting/writing is tremendous and it's a great movie in general.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 24, 2004 #2
    Che Guevara was an assasin, thats the only word that fits with it. Its biography is so nice.

4. Oct 24, 2004 #3
    I didn't say Che Guevara was a nice guy, I just said the movie was good...

Hell, people love the Godfather movies, and the main characters are active assasins in the movie.

5. Oct 24, 2004 #4

Clausius2

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Right. Completely agree. :approve: :approve:

But not be too hard with Wasteofo2, he only likes the movie..... :shy:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?