The Murtha death blow

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I think they still tried to take Murtha down. I heard a report that some business deal with this brother was being investigated, but considering all of the butt kissing today, they must not have found anything that could be used to discredit him.

McGyver
Washington has now experienced "two" great Congressional acts in recent week which were not in Agreement, or accepted well, by the prevailing and powerful Republican base. This includes one by the Senate, termed by Senator Frist as a "hijacking," and now one by the House (Murth).

In each instance, the legs of the mighty Republicans were buckled from the clean shot by the tiny Democrat. Such illustrates that even the most powerful of foes can be humbled. Isn't this (Democracy) what we are selling to the people of Iraq?

Skyhunter
McGyver said:
Isn't this (Democracy) what we are selling to the people of Iraq?
I sure hope they are paying attention. :tongue2:

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I've been spending a lot of time with moderate Republicans, and when they talk about the President's reputation in their districts, they use words like poisonous, radioactive, hated, loathed...they [the politicians] have to be against him
New York Times columnist David Brooks

Nov 18th, 2005
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/past_programs/2005/05-11-18.html [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator: