The music that defines your life

• Music
  • Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Life Music
In summary, In Bowie's music, some songs stick with someone forever, while other songs become outdated over time.
At this moment in time..top twenty and my favorite songs?

20)Supertramp-Album-SUPERTRAMP supertramp, song-Surely.
19)Dire Straights-Communique, Song-Sultans of Swing-the live Nelson Mandela's Birthday version-AWSOME RIFFING!
18)Steve Howe/Martin Taylor-Masterpiece Guitars, song-Moon River.
17)Dr John-Nightripper,song-Such a Night.
16)Restless-Restless Wind,song-Monkey fingers.
15)Jose Feliciano-Angela, song-Angela.
14)DIDO-Life for rent,song Life for Rent.
13)Kate Bush-Hounds of Love,song-The Morning Fog.
12)Jimmy Cliff-Many Rivers to Cross,song Many rivers to Cross.
11)U2-Joshua Tree,song Still Havent Found What I am looking for.
10Fleetwood Mac-Mirage,song-Gypsy(allways been in my top10 since I heard it).
09)Moody Blues-To our Childrens Children,song-Eyes of a Child.
08)Silencers-Dance to the Holy Man, song Robinson Crusoe in New York.
07)Yes-The Ladder,song Nine Voices (Longwalker).
06)Yes-Open Your Eyes, song Universal Garden.
05)Mike Oldfield-Tres Lunas, song Retur to the Origin.
04)Enigma-Voyager, song The Piano.
03)Tracy Chapman-Tracy Chapman, song Across the Lines.
02)Del Amitri-Twisted- song Tell Her This.
01)Jon Anderson-Song Of Seven, song Song Of Seven.

I'm living the past...LIVING IN THE PAST!(Hendrix Quote!)

Tomorrows another day..another top-ten..who knows.

Science news on Phys.org

Originally posted by hitssquad
Iron Maiden Killer, behind you. I'm still waiting for them to get Paul back in the band.

What the hell are you on? By far Bruce is the best! I have seen both Paul and Bruce live, and Bruce does a hell of a lot better job at it. Paul said he wanted Iron Maiden to be a punk band...how long would they have lasted then??

Originally posted by hitssquadBeethoven Ode to Joy, baby. It's amazing what Beethoven did without a Pro Tools system (that slap-echo effect in the Scherzo movement of the Choral symphony is impressive).
I know the movement well. What is it you're referring to as a "slap-echo effect"? I'm not familiar with that term.

Slap echo

Originally posted by zoobyshoe
I know the movement well. What is it you're referring to as a "slap-echo effect"? I'm not familiar with that term.
It is echo with very short timing between the original signal and the delayed signal. Also, there are few delayed signals -- sometimes just one, but oftentimes two or three. Juice Newton used to use it. I think it used to be popular with early sixties rock and Country&Western to fill out the sound of the vocals on up-tempo tunes. IIRC the John Lennon used it on the early track Rock and Roll Music.

What Beethoven did to get the slap-echo effect was he had some instruments follow other intruments note-for-note very close behind in time. He does it during the quieter parts.

To hear slap-echo, stand a few dozen feet away from a cement wall and talk to it. Percussion will let you hear it. Try a classical or steel-string acoustic guitar, if you have one.

-Chris

Hitsquad

I'm wondering a few things here.

What made you think this is a 'review' of people's musical preferences?

What has Sting done to you that compelled you to be (mostly) nasty and negative about what he likes to listen to?

Do you plan on 'reviewing' everyone else's posts in like fashion? (Please don't. This is friends sharing music.)

What music defines me? None. I haven't purposely listened to music for about 3 or 4 years. I haven't noticed any adverse effects. I just don't feel the need anymore.

I'm wondering a few things here.

What made you think this is a 'review' of people's musical preferences?

What has Sting done to you that compelled you to be (mostly) nasty and negative about what he likes to listen to?

Do you plan on 'reviewing' everyone else's posts in like fashion? (Please don't. This is friends sharing music.)
Yeah! How dare you be such an evil meanie? Boo on you, Chris! Can't you see that we're all holding hands and just loving each other? Don't you understand what being low-BFG is all about??

More importantly, I can't help but wonder what your opinion is of oldschool Metallica - you know, before their creative genius died in a bus accident and forced them to gradually mutate into Alternica?

--Mark

Last edited: