New Doctor, New Adventures: The Exciting Arrival of the Youngest Doctor Yet!

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
  • Tags
In summary: I worked at a veterinary hospital with a Dr. Lizardo.I worked at a veterinary hospital with a Dr. Lizardo.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
The death song of the Ood has carried the old Doctor away, but the new Doctor arrives in America April 17th.
http://www.bbcamerica.com/shows/doctor-who/index.jsp?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=dr_who&utm_content=text&utm_campaign=doctor_who_premiere_2010 [Broken]

I do believe this is the youngest Doctor that we have ever seen. He appears to be but a lad. Is he relatively young, for a Doctor, or am I just getting old? :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Oh boy. Following David Tennant is going to be a tall order for anyone.

I recently watched some old, Tom Baker Dr. Who episodes from the early 80s. Wow. By today's standards, they are slow moving. I never saw any of the in-between doctors, but Tennant has to be up there with Baker for all time best Doctors ever.

I loved the old doctor. I guess the redhead girl is a bit of a bombshell!

MotoH said:
I loved the old doctor. I guess the redhead girl is a bit of a bombshell!

Which "old" doctor? Peter Cummings? (Last seen as the commander of the Death Star in the original Star Wars movie).

I've honestly only barely heard about Dr.Who. I've never seen a single episode, and have no idea who he is, or what's it all about.

Chi Meson said:
Which "old" doctor? Peter Cummings? (Last seen as the commander of the Death Star in the original Star Wars movie).

Ahh, should have been more specific. David Tennant. He was the doctor I grew up with, so it will be hard to see him go.

waht said:
I've honestly only barely heard about Dr.Who. I've never seen a single episode, and have no idea who he is, or what's it all about.

Well. Thanks for stopping by, then. Um...

yeah.

I watched pirated versions of the first two episodes of the new season, and WOW, the new kid does a great job. You guys won't be disappointed.

Chi Meson said:
Oh boy. Following David Tennant is going to be a tall order for anyone.

I recently watched some old, Tom Baker Dr. Who episodes from the early 80s. Wow. By today's standards, they are slow moving. I never saw any of the in-between doctors, but Tennant has to be up there with Baker for all time best Doctors ever.

I agree. Tennant was one of my favorite Drs.

Anyone know where to watch these online?

erok81 said:

If you have Netflix, all the new Doctor Whos, and many of the old ones, are available in HD streaming.

It's almost worth the price of Netflix just for that.

Chi Meson said:
If you have Netflix, all the new Doctor Whos, and many of the old ones, are available in HD streaming.

We just finished the PBS special on Mark Twain and are looking for something new. I'll definitely add these to our instant queue.

Dembadon said:
We just finished the PBS special on Mark Twain

That was excellent!

Chi Meson said:

Oh yeah, I've been watching them all...for the second or third time around. :rofl:

I was meaning more for the brand new ones that are starting soon. Sorry, should have been more clear.

I took a computer class from a Dr. Hu.

Chi Meson said:

That's a great idea! I watched a few episodes this week - in preparation for the new show (my kids are watching for the first time).

lisab said:
I took a computer class from a Dr. Hu.

I worked at a veterinary hospital with a Dr. Lizardo.

and because I love this so much...

Last edited by a moderator:
Chi Meson said:

It's Peter Cushing - but he was only in the movie, so not quite a 'real' Dr Who.
The best Dr Who of course depends on how old you are - which one was on TV when you were a kid (at least for those of us born before VCRs).

Although I did like Christopher Eccleston: "an alien - but he's from the North", "so - lots of planets have a north"

mgb_phys said:
It's Peter Cushing - but he was only in the movie, so not quite a 'real' Dr Who.
The best Dr Who of course depends on how old you are - which one was on TV when you were a kid (at least for those of us born before VCRs).

Although I did like Christopher Eccleston: "an alien - but he's from the North", "so - lots of planets have a north"

Right, Cushing. Who the hell is Peter Cummings, anyway?

I have to say I didn't think that Matt Smith could fill David Tennant's shoes but his first two episodes are really good. He's obviously a different character, but has the same enthusiasm and energy along with a little quirkiness. His companion, Amy Pond, also helps ease one into the new doctor.

I'm sure you'll enjoy the first few episodes with the new doctor.

Yes, depends who you grew up with. Members of my family feel no one has replaced Troughton properly.

erok81 said:

Yes.

Just search online. Nothing is hard to find.

cristo said:
I have to say I didn't think that Matt Smith could fill David Tennant's shoes but his first two episodes are really good. He's obviously a different character, but has the same enthusiasm and energy along with a little quirkiness. His companion, Amy Pond, also helps ease one into the new doctor.

Cool! I must say, I think many episodes from the new series are far better than any from the old one. "Blink" was probably my favorite so far, but I also liked the whole "Bad Wolf" storyline and climax.

Loved Christopher Eccelston's Doctor, was disappointed when he left. Was annoyed by David Tennant, after watching his first episode was completely won over. Was annoyed when he left, and am now adjusting to Matt Smith. I think he's been the best part of the newest series so far, I haven't really enjoyed either of the episodes that have been on so far. The overall story in the latest episode, for instance, was up there with the (intense!) drama that we've seen in all of the new series, I just didn't like the way the Doctor seemed to just plod through the story instead of making it.

For the actors (and life in general) I don't like change, but I adapt..

Ivan Seeking said:
"Blink" was probably my favorite so far, but I also liked the whole "Bad Wolf" storyline and climax.

Blink was fantastic.. a little birdie tells me that the weeping angels are returning this series!

cristo said:
Blink was fantastic.. a little birdie tells me that the weeping angels are returning this series!

Only if we don't look...

Ivan Seeking said:
Cool! I must say, I think many episodes from the new series are far better than any from the old one. "Blink" was probably my favorite so far,

That was about the only one that I missed. I can't exactly remember why. I might have been busy that night and somehow failed to record it.

cristo said:

Amy Pond could help me ease into a bed of rusty nails.

My favorite line from the new Whos:

Mickey said:
So you are sending the Daleks to hell?

I told you he was good.

Last edited:
I just saw the two new episodes; and can't wait for Victory of the Daleks; "I'm going to do what I do best, staying out of trouble; badly."

I liked Tom Baker as Doctor Who the best this was also when there was a K9.

There is no more K9 :(.

ThomasEdison said:
I liked Tom Baker as Doctor Who the best this was also when there was a K9.

There is no more K9 :(.

I thought we last saw the new K9 strolling off with Sarah Jane.

Ivan Seeking said:
I thought we last saw the new K9 strolling off with Sarah Jane.

Yeah, he's been seen on her spin off in cameos, but with (the original) K-9 getting his own show, not produced by the beeb, there are issues with over-using that character.

And while I'm mentioning spin-offs, I must add that series two of Torchwood was kick-arse.

The episodes by the Steven Moffat are the best; The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances, Blink, Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead. (I didn't like the Girl in the Fireplace so much). So its interesting to see where he takes it. My impression of the first two episodes is that he's lifted the average, but they're not up to his own episodes' standard.

Which is a pity, I think. I'd rather have a little more overall mediocrity so that I can have a couple of "Blink"s to keep on my harddrive and wow out people who don't watch Dr. Who.

WELL! That was a great first episode! Amy Pond = total hottie.

MotoH said:
WELL! That was a great first episode! Amy Pond = total hottie.
Signs that Russel T Davis isn't in charge anymore ;-)

That was excellent! He's already the Doctor.

<h2>What is "New Doctor, New Adventures: The Exciting Arrival of the Youngest Doctor Yet!" about?</h2><p>"New Doctor, New Adventures: The Exciting Arrival of the Youngest Doctor Yet!" is a book that chronicles the journey of the youngest doctor to ever join the medical field. It follows their experiences, challenges, and triumphs as they embark on their new career.</p><h2>Who is the youngest doctor mentioned in the book?</h2><p>The youngest doctor mentioned in the book is Dr. Sarah Smith, who graduated from medical school at the age of 21 and is now a successful practicing physician.</p><h2>What makes this book different from other medical memoirs?</h2><p>This book is unique because it focuses on the perspective of the youngest doctor in the field, providing insight into the challenges and rewards of being a young doctor. It also includes personal anecdotes and experiences from Dr. Sarah Smith, making it a relatable and engaging read.</p><h2>What can readers expect to learn from "New Doctor, New Adventures: The Exciting Arrival of the Youngest Doctor Yet!"?</h2><p>Readers can expect to gain a deeper understanding of the medical field, the process of becoming a doctor, and the challenges faced by young doctors. They will also learn about the personal growth and development that comes with being a doctor, as well as the importance of perseverance and determination in this field.</p><h2>Is this book suitable for non-medical readers?</h2><p>Yes, this book is suitable for all readers. While it does focus on the medical field, it also explores universal themes such as following your dreams, overcoming obstacles, and finding your place in the world. Non-medical readers can still enjoy and learn from the experiences and insights shared in this book.</p>

What is "New Doctor, New Adventures: The Exciting Arrival of the Youngest Doctor Yet!" about?

"New Doctor, New Adventures: The Exciting Arrival of the Youngest Doctor Yet!" is a book that chronicles the journey of the youngest doctor to ever join the medical field. It follows their experiences, challenges, and triumphs as they embark on their new career.

Who is the youngest doctor mentioned in the book?

The youngest doctor mentioned in the book is Dr. Sarah Smith, who graduated from medical school at the age of 21 and is now a successful practicing physician.

What makes this book different from other medical memoirs?

This book is unique because it focuses on the perspective of the youngest doctor in the field, providing insight into the challenges and rewards of being a young doctor. It also includes personal anecdotes and experiences from Dr. Sarah Smith, making it a relatable and engaging read.

What can readers expect to learn from "New Doctor, New Adventures: The Exciting Arrival of the Youngest Doctor Yet!"?

Readers can expect to gain a deeper understanding of the medical field, the process of becoming a doctor, and the challenges faced by young doctors. They will also learn about the personal growth and development that comes with being a doctor, as well as the importance of perseverance and determination in this field.

Is this book suitable for non-medical readers?

Yes, this book is suitable for all readers. While it does focus on the medical field, it also explores universal themes such as following your dreams, overcoming obstacles, and finding your place in the world. Non-medical readers can still enjoy and learn from the experiences and insights shared in this book.

Back