The New World Library via Google

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Google
In summary: As annoying as it would be for me to hit them in the face so they'd stop?Dewey Decimal for "Anger Management?" anyone? anyone?oh, that's dirty pool. deleting a message someone has commented on. Foul, FOUL! I say.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
SAN FRANCISCO (CBS.MW) -- Google may one day make it possible to flip through every page of the nearly 8 million volumes held by Stanford University's libraries without even a passing familiarity with the Dewey decimal system. And without leaving home.

Google (GOOG: news, chart, profile), the behemoth online depository of data and text, is living up to its mission -- to organize the world's information -- by undertaking a massive job that will put the holdings of some of the English-speaking world's biggest libraries on the Web. [continued]
http://cbs.marketwatch.com/news/story.asp?guid=%7BE11C81BB-F00E-4433-AD09-0E5FD288B9C5%7D&siteid=google&dist=google&dist= [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Totally Awsome.

LOL! Now you know the writer of that article has never spent much time in a university library! Dewey Decimal...LOL! :rofl: You'll find that in a high school library. University libraries use the Library of Congress System. I love it when reporters show off their lack of education.

Moonbear said:
LOL! Now you know the writer of that article has never spent much time in a university library! Dewey Decimal...LOL! :rofl: You'll find that in a high school library. University libraries use the Library of Congress System. I love it when reporters show off their lack of education.

Have you meet any journalism majors/graduates lately? Apparently doing keg stands and vomiting on paper can get you a degree!

Do you remember December 11, 2001 when all of the "news" networks were proclaiming the "3 month anniversary" of 9/11?:rofl: That's our fine overpaid "journalists" at work.

It's about damn time someone has finally decide to do this. Too bad it is going to be google with the intent of selling books. I thought this should have already been done years ago by universities and the Library of Congress. Unfortunately the money hounds couldn't figure out a way to do it without making a buck, not until those brilliant geniuses at google figured they could link a book sell through amazon to it. Only if I could be like those google guys! :uhh:

Moonbear said:

I do love the Library of Congress system instead of the Dewey Decimal system. They also use it in local libraries, too. I guess you have to since it's so small.

According to the Dewey Decimal system where would I find a book to cure Chrono's stutter? or is it an echo? or Tourette's?

tribdog said:
According to the Dewey Decimal system where would I find a book to cure Chrono's stutter? or is it an echo? or Tourette's?

Don't know. We should look it up.

tribdog said:
Don't know. We should look it up

wow, how irritating would it be if someone followed you around and played "echo" online.

tribdog said:
wow, how irritating would it be if someone followed you around and played "echo" online.

As annoying as it would be for me to hit them in the face so they'd stop?

Dewey Decimal for "Anger Management?" anyone? anyone?

oh, that's dirty pool. deleting a message someone has commented on. Foul, FOUL! I say.

1. What is "The New World Library via Google"?

"The New World Library via Google" is an online platform that offers a vast collection of books, articles, and other resources related to personal growth, spirituality, and wellness. It is a partnership between New World Library, a publishing company known for its books on mindfulness and self-improvement, and Google, a leading technology company.

2. How can I access "The New World Library via Google"?

"The New World Library via Google" can be accessed through the Google Play Books app or through the Google Play website. Users can also access the library through the New World Library's website, where they can purchase and download e-books directly.

3. Is there a fee for using "The New World Library via Google"?

Yes, there is a fee for using "The New World Library via Google". Users can either purchase individual books or subscribe to the library's monthly or yearly membership plans. However, there are also free resources available, such as sample chapters and articles.

4. Can I read "The New World Library" books offline?

Yes, you can read "The New World Library" books offline. Once you have purchased or downloaded a book, it will be available for offline reading on the Google Play Books app. This feature is especially useful for readers who want to access the library's resources without an internet connection.

5. Are there any restrictions on using "The New World Library via Google"?

Yes, there are some restrictions on using "The New World Library via Google". Users are not allowed to share or distribute the library's content without permission. Additionally, the library's resources are only available in select countries, and some books may have age restrictions due to their content. Users are also required to have a Google account to access the library.

Back