Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The New World Library via Google

1. Dec 14, 2004 #1

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 14, 2004 #2
    Totally Awsome.
  4. Dec 14, 2004 #3

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

LOL! Now you know the writer of that article has never spent much time in a university library! Dewey Decimal...LOL! :rofl: You'll find that in a high school library. University libraries use the Library of Congress System. I love it when reporters show off their lack of education.
  5. Dec 14, 2004 #4
    Have you meet any journalism majors/graduates lately? Apparently doing keg stands and vomiting on paper can get you a degree! :surprised

Do you remember December 11, 2001 when all of the "news" networks were proclaiming the "3 month anniversary" of 9/11?:rofl: That's our fine overpaid "journalists" at work.

It's about damn time someone has finally decide to do this. Too bad it is going to be google with the intent of selling books. I thought this should have already been done years ago by universities and the Library of Congress. Unfortunately the money hounds couldn't figure out a way to do it without making a buck, not until those brilliant geniuses at google figured they could link a book sell through amazon to it. Only if I could be like those google guys! :uhh:
  6. Dec 14, 2004 #5
    I do love the Library of Congress system instead of the Dewey Decimal system. They also use it in local libraries, too. I guess you have to since it's so small.
  7. Dec 14, 2004 #6
    According to the Dewey Decimal system where would I find a book to cure Chrono's stutter? or is it an echo? or Tourette's?
  8. Dec 14, 2004 #7
    Don't know. We should look it up.
  9. Dec 14, 2004 #8
    Don't know. We should look it up
  10. Dec 14, 2004 #9
    wow, how irritating would it be if someone followed you around and played "echo" online.
  11. Dec 14, 2004 #10
    As annoying as it would be for me to hit them in the face so they'd stop?
  12. Dec 14, 2004 #11
    Dewey Decimal for "Anger Management?" anyone? anyone?
  13. Dec 14, 2004 #12
    oh, that's dirty pool. deleting a message someone has commented on. Foul, FOUL! I say.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?