Welcome to 2007: Your Questions Answered

In summary: I guess?I have been living 3 hours and 4 minutes in 2007. Where are you from?I am now currently 2 hours and fiftytwo minutes in the new year, and realize I haven't washed myself for the entire year. That doesn't sound too bad, does it?
radou
Homework Helper
Since there are only 20 minutes until 2007 in my time zone, I'll report back from 2007 to everyone who isn't sharing the same time zone and say what's it like in 2007. Any questions about the changes in the world shall be answered. :biggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org
Where are you?

Evo said:
Where are you?

I'm on a party with 50 people and I'm sitting on PF. :biggrin: I'm at home, where did you think I was? :tongue2: One more minute...

Last edited:
Oh no, he fell off the end of time!

...and I'm currently in the 9th minute of year 2007. A Happy New Year to me, I guess. :tongue:

Btw, it's much like 2006, for those who wish to know. :tongue2:

Oh, he's just lazy. :tongue:

Hurkyl said:
Oh, he's just lazy. :tongue:

Too lazy because of staying at home or not falling off the end of time (at least not yet)? :biggrin:

radou said:
I'm on a party with 50 people and I'm sitting on PF. :biggrin: I'm at home, where did you think I was? :tongue2: One more minute...
Not that "where"! Where in Western/Central/Northern Europe/not-too-Western Africa ?

Gokul43201 said:
Not that "where"! Where in Western/Central/Northern Europe/not-too-Western Africa ?

Oh, that "where"! Croatia.

Then Happy New Year to you. We have 5 more hours of waiting here, but it looks like I'm going to be home tonight too. You can wish us a happy new year when you wake up in the morning. :biggrin:

Happy New Year's Radou!

Yes, I wanted to know what country.

Ok, I have my collard greens and black eyed peas cooking. Mr Edge is also cooking collards and black eyed peas. This is his first time to ever cook or taste collards. Gosh I'm proud of him <sniff>

oh, dad gum! I got to go get black-eyed peas. I totally forgot!

Math Is Hard said:
oh, dad gum! I got to go get black-eyed peas. I totally forgot!
WHAT?

MIH, I'm shocked.

Don't forget

Black eyed peas = coins

Greens = dollars

You need both for prosperity in the New Year. :approve:

*runs to supermarket*

Since when do peas have eyes? :tongue2:

I haven't had collards for a long time.

radou said:
...and I'm currently in the 9th minute of year 2007. A Happy New Year to me, I guess. :tongue:
Radou, Sretna nova godina! :biggrin:

Twisting_Edge's collards before they went into the pot.

http://img307.imageshack.us/img307/5536/collard1lf9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Astronuc said:
Radou, Sretna nova godina! :biggrin:

Hvala lijepa, takodjer, Astronuc! :biggrin:

Edit: Evo, by looking at this pic I had a flashback. I almost always had collards served in kindergarten!

Last edited:
radou said:
Edit: Evo, by looking at this pic I had a flashback. I almost always had collards served in kindergarten!
They're very tasty and extremely good for you.

Evo said:
They're very tasty and extremely good for you.

I know, but most kids didn't like them, as far as I remember.

I never had collards until I started consulting in the south in the 1980s, but we had beet greens, turnip greens, spinach, Swiss chard, etc. Collards just filled in one more niche. Some greens, like spinach and Swiss chard seem to need cold weather to develop some real character, though. Love 'em!

Collards are great!

But then I like spinach, turnips, broccoli, Brussels sprouts and asparagus. :biggrin:

Parsnip and carrot are good too! :tongue2:

turbo-1 said:
Some greens, like spinach and Swiss chard seem to need cold weather to develop some real character, though. Love 'em!

I deeply adore spinach.

ok, crisis averted. I have my turnip and hamhock broth started on the stove. I can't believe the people at the supermarket didn't know what hot pepper vinegar was. shees! Blackeyed peas are underway as well.

Math Is Hard said:
ok, crisis averted. I have my turnip and hamhock broth started on the stove. I can't believe the people at the supermarket didn't know what hot pepper vinegar was. shees! Blackeyed peas are underway as well.
That was close! I guess with the wisdom tooth ordeal, I can see how this could have happened. :eek:

Evo said:
WHAT?

MIH, I'm shocked.

Don't forget

Black eyed peas = coins

Greens = dollars

You need both for prosperity in the New Year. :approve:

What will snow crab legs and green beans get me? That's what I'm enjoying for dinner tonight. :approve:

Moonbear said:
What will snow crab legs and green beans get me? That's what I'm enjoying for dinner tonight. :approve:
Oh dear, I see sheep in your future, LOTS of sheep. :bugeye:

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I am now currently 2 hours and fiftytwo minutes in the new year, and realize I haven't washed myself for the entire year.

Jarle said:
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I am now currently 2 hours and fiftytwo minutes in the new year, and realize I haven't washed myself for the entire year.

I have been living 3 hours and 4 minutes in 2007. Where are you from?

radou said:
Where are you from?
I would guess Jarle's probably Norweedish, like arildno.

Evo said:
Oh dear, I see sheep in your future, LOTS of sheep. :bugeye:

:uhh: Oh, wait, that's normal. :rofl:

You guys are going to have to liven things up. I'm feeling nauseous and I'm not much fun tonight.

Evo said:
You guys are going to have to liven things up. I'm feeling nauseous and I'm not much fun tonight.

Oh no! :bugeye: I hope you aren't getting what I had (and still have). I have all the tummy remedies you could possibly need here, so I'll just zap them over to your hard drive if you need them.

Time to start inviting the party people!

I found this dude outside my lab -->
sign0008.gif

The other side of his sign read "Will measure magnetoresistance for booze" (in very small font size). Naturally, I had to take him up on that.