The night of the screaming bunnies

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolved around a group of wild baby rabbits that were found and killed by the cats of the speaker's household. The speaker and their friend, Tsunami, were horrified by the situation and struggled to find a way to cope with the events. Some found humor in the situation, while others were still upset by the loss of the rabbits. The conversation also discussed the reputation of rabbits as dangerous creatures, particularly referencing the film "Monty Python and the Holy Grail".
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Since we live in the backwoods of Oregon, spring usually brings many wild baby rabbits around our house. The other night it seems that our cats found a nest. For hours Tsunami and I listened to one screaming little bunny after another. There is no stopping it...after such a find that cats are not about to come in the house. After five or six bunnies one almost can't help but laugh; you know, a nervous kind of laugh. It was a long night. Tsunami just kept sinking lower, and lower, and lower in her chair...

They sound just like a child's squeeky toy.

Physics news on Phys.org
Ivan, that's HORRIBLE!:frown:

Baby bunnies are so CUTE. Now you got me all upset. :frown:

It turns out that our little Zooby is quite the bunny killer!

Originally posted by Evo
Now you got me all upset. :frown:

You should have seen Tsunami! All that we could do was to sit and [try not to] listen.

I can't work now.

Gosh, don't take it so hard Evo. We still have plenty of bunnies around here. Besides, I happen to know that those particular bunnies were evil!

Evil, evil bunnies!

Originally posted by Ivan Seeking
Evil, evil bunnies!
Ok, I feel better now.

wow...just...wow, poor little rabbits. I used to have one as a pet

If Monthy Python taught us anything, it is that bunnies are twisted, malicious creatures that have to be dealt with as harshly as possible...

and they have sharp gnashing teeth.

*makes sharp teeth motion with fingers*

ivan, only in oregon can you tell such a story...

I'm still trying to get over it. It was just a DREADFUL Bunny Holocaust!

1. What is "The night of the screaming bunnies"?

"The night of the screaming bunnies" refers to a phenomenon where large groups of rabbits emit high-pitched screams and exhibit unusual behavior, typically during the nighttime hours.

2. Why do rabbits scream at night?

The exact reason for rabbits screaming at night is still unknown, but it is believed to be a form of communication or a reaction to fear or danger. It could also be a response to environmental factors such as predators or changes in temperature.

3. Are "screaming bunnies" a real phenomenon?

Yes, "screaming bunnies" have been reported by scientists and rabbit owners alike, and there is evidence to suggest that this is a real phenomenon. However, it is not a common occurrence and is still being studied.

4. Is "The night of the screaming bunnies" harmful to the rabbits?

There is no evidence to suggest that "The night of the screaming bunnies" is harmful to the rabbits themselves. However, it could be a sign of stress or illness in the rabbits and should be monitored closely by their caretakers.

5. Can anything be done to stop "The night of the screaming bunnies"?

Unfortunately, there is no known way to prevent or stop "The night of the screaming bunnies" from occurring. It is a natural phenomenon and is believed to be a part of rabbits' natural behaviors. However, keeping rabbits in a calm and safe environment may help reduce the frequency of these episodes.