The obligatory first post thread

• Thread starter AverageJoe
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thread
In summary, Joe is a Physics Major at a college that he is unhappy with. He is considering transferring. He has been gaming for most of his life and is now looking to do something more fulfilling. He is interested in joining the Sisterhood.
AverageJoe
Whaaat? Nobody has started a first post thread?
Jees.
Fine, I'll be the radical bad boy and make it.

Hi! I'm Joe. Nice to meet you all. I'm a Physics Major in Western Massachusetts (no e, lol) and currently attempting to find a new college because the one I'm at is just abysmal.

I've spent most of my life messing around with game development and now I'm tired of it and want to do something that actually is worth a damn.

From what I've read so far you all seem completely insane, or at least borderline.
Just my type of crowd! :D

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi AverageJoe, welcome to our forum! Since you've made a formal introduction, what is your favorite fish? Our welcoming committee might have something for you. :tongue2:

(careful Joe...)

AverageJoe said:
From what I've read so far you all seem completely insane, or at least borderline.
Just my type of crowd! :D

BTW, we do have technical forums here too. Not just General Discussion.

(runs and hides)

The Dragon Fish :D

Good choice! Few of the sisters would want to handle that. A safer choice might have been bluefin tuna. Heavy, and impossible for a sister to swing.

Either that or a flounder so it can't be frozen.

Choose the fish wisely, grasshopper.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's better to be hit by a thawed fish than a frozen one. ;)

I'm tempted to Trout you, but that would be from an entirely different forum :smile:

The one on the left would be deadly, if frozen. Luckily, we ate it long ago.

trout.jpg

I'm getting the sense that first post threads are not evolutionarily favorable here :rofl:

AverageJoe said:

After all this talk about fish as weapons, you're probably convinced of it by now! :rofl:

651.jpg

diazona said:
I'm getting the sense that first post threads are not evolutionarily favorable here :rofl:

Indeed.

AverageJoe said:
Indeed.

You are learning, grasshopper. The Search button is your friend when thinking about joining up. The Sisterhood would have been a good search term. But then again, how could you have known...?

AverageJoe said:
...Just my type of crowd! :D

Agreed!

I'm returning the visit you gave me in my thread. :smile: Welcome!

Aha, I found my fish.

fishslaprk7.gif

You are now officially welcomed.

Last edited:
D'oh. Go figure.

1. What is "The obligatory first post thread"?

"The obligatory first post thread" is a common phrase used on online forums and discussion boards to refer to the first post made by a new member. It is often seen as a rite of passage for new members to introduce themselves and become a part of the community.

2. Why is it called "obligatory"?

The term "obligatory" refers to the social expectation for new members to make their first post on the forum. It is seen as a necessary step in becoming a part of the community and engaging in discussions.

3. What should I include in my first post?

Your first post should typically include a brief introduction of yourself, your interests and why you joined the forum. It is also a good opportunity to read the forum rules and guidelines and ask any questions you may have.

4. Is it important to make a first post on a forum?

While it is not mandatory, making a first post on a forum is often seen as a way to establish yourself as a member of the community and start building relationships with other members. It also shows that you are actively participating in the forum.

5. Can I edit my first post after posting it?

Most forums allow members to edit their posts, including their first post. However, it is important to follow the forum's guidelines and refrain from making any malicious or inappropriate edits. It is also considered good etiquette to indicate if you have made edits to your post.