The One Single Event that will Cause the Collapse of Physics

In summary, according to this person, there is another universe that is "sort of an inverse" to our own, and if two universes collide, all gravitational forces will be canceled and all laws of physics will be false. This is just a hypothetical thought experiment, and there is no evidence to support it.
Astronomer107
In thought experiments that I have done, I've always thought that there was another universe that is sort of an inverse to ours. It is composed of antimatter (it has "reversed" gravity-a force that repels) and its laws of physics are governed by imaginary numbers (i). If these two universes collide, all gravitational forces will be canceled and all laws of physics will be false.

Physics news on Phys.org
Originally posted by Astronomer107
I've always thought that there was another universe that is sort of an inverse to ours. If these two universes collide, all gravitational forces will be canceled and all laws of physics will be false.

well, let's hope that never happens!

I wonder though... does entropy work between universes? Does it apply to laws of nature, as well as energy?

Originally posted by FZ+
I wonder though... does entropy work between universes? Does it apply to laws of nature, as well as energy?

no. what happens in another universe can have no observable consiquences in ours.

I'm just randomly speculating. This would however help explain a number of useful things. Like the discovery recently that dark energy appeared suddenly billions of years after the big bang could be explained by forces leaking into this universe from another... We might be in the middle of this collision as we speak... :wink:

EDIT: To please the experts in semantics.

Last edited:
No, you are just randomly speculating. That's very different from "theorizing" which requires that your theory be supported by at least some experimental evidence.

Originally posted by FZ+

Let's do an experiment and see:

candyman
candyman
candyman
candyman
candyman

Uh oh

Last edited:
I think entropy would hold true anywhere that the laws of statistics do, since that's all entropy is, unfortunately

Ordered states are less numerous than unordered ones, and with random actions, you're more likely to end up in a likely state than an unlikely one

For example:
If you have fifty coins, and you consider an ordered state one where they're all heads or all tails and start it off that way, then flip them all at random, there's very little chance you'll keep ordered, and not just end up with a random selection of coins

Originally posted by Astronomer107
In thought experiments that I have done, I've always thought that there was another universe that is sort of an inverse to ours.
Such universe must have a negative time dimension to exist.

If the pair can annihilate each other, it can also be produced from the photons created in the annihilation of the previous pair of universes. This is like quantum fluctuation when pair of antiparticles appear out of nothing and annihilate each other again.

This is another idea on how the universe comes from! But this would mean that the universe has no beginning and ending!

And the universe is virtual!

physicskid

1. What is "The One Single Event that will Cause the Collapse of Physics"?

The One Single Event that will Cause the Collapse of Physics is a hypothetical event that would fundamentally change our understanding and laws of the physical world, rendering current theories and models obsolete.

2. Is there any scientific evidence to support the idea of a collapse of physics?

There is currently no scientific evidence to support the idea of a collapse of physics. It is purely a theoretical concept that is widely debated and discussed among scientists.

3. What could potentially cause the collapse of physics?

There is no consensus among scientists on what could potentially cause the collapse of physics. Some theories suggest that it could be the discovery of new fundamental particles or a breakthrough in understanding gravity, while others propose more drastic events such as a collision with an alternate universe.

4. How would a collapse of physics affect our daily lives?

If such an event were to occur, it is difficult to predict the exact impact it would have on our daily lives. It could potentially lead to major technological advancements or unforeseen consequences, but it is also possible that it would have no significant impact at all.

5. Are scientists actively researching and preparing for a potential collapse of physics?

While the idea of a collapse of physics is a topic of discussion in the scientific community, there is currently no active research or preparation being done specifically for this event. Scientists continue to study and build upon existing theories and models to better understand the physical world.