Origin of Woman: A Genesis Story

• Thread starter Julian Solos
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Origin
In summary: DIn summary, God created Adam and saw that he was good, but Adam soon felt lonely and asked for a companion. God offered to make him a perfect companion, but at a cost of both of Adam's legs and an arm. Adam jokingly asks what he can get for a rib, referencing the biblical story of Eve being created from Adam's rib. This prompts a joke from The_Professional about skimming through long posts. Then, a joke is shared about a girlfriend's conversation with God about the creation of women. Lastly, Andy misses the humor in the jokes, leading to the realization that the accuracy is what makes them funny.
Julian Solos
Originally presented by by Payman at Car and Driver:

Little known story from Genesis:

God created Adam, and saw that he was good. Not long after, though, God noticed that Adam was sad.

GOD: Why are you sad, my son?

ADAM: I feel lonely, my Lord. Could you make a companion for me?

GOD: Of course, my son! I will make you a companion that will cook for you, clean for you, understand all of your needs and wants, and will mate with you whenever you desire. All that I must take back in return is both of your legs and an arm.

ADAM: Jeez...what can I get for a rib?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Didn't God took one of Adam's ribs and used it as a foundation to make a Woman

Originally posted by The_Professional
Didn't God took one of Adam's ribs and used it as a foundation to make a Woman
That's the joke... :smile:

Yikes, I just read the entire thing

lol, you FORGOT to read the punch line?? :P

If it looks long I tend to skim through it

lol, you FORGOT to read the punch line?? :P

Originally posted by The_Professional
If it looks long I tend to skim through it
Excellent come back! It was, after all, 11 lines long (including the title). :wink:

Here's one with a similar sting a girlfriend I once had told me:

God: "Well, Adam, how do you like the woman I made for you?

Adam: She is gorgeous! So soft and curvy. Why did you make her so beautiful?

God: "So you would love her."

Adam: "And why did you make her so stupid?"

God: "So she would love you."

Likes Irol
Dont see what's so funny about those jokes, they both seem pretty accurate to me.

Originally posted by Andy
Dont see what's so funny about those jokes, they both seem pretty accurate to me.
THAT's what's so FUNNY!

1. What inspired you to write "Origin of Woman: A Genesis Story"?

I have always been fascinated by the creation stories found in various cultures and religions. As a scientist, I was particularly interested in the story of Adam and Eve and how it could be interpreted from a scientific perspective. This curiosity led me to write "Origin of Woman" as a way to explore the origins of womanhood.

2. How does your scientific background influence the retelling of the Adam and Eve story?

As a scientist, I am trained to approach things from a logical and evidence-based perspective. In "Origin of Woman," I use this approach to reimagine the Adam and Eve story in a way that is consistent with scientific theories and discoveries. This includes incorporating evolutionary concepts and examining the role of genetics in the origin of woman.

3. What sets "Origin of Woman" apart from other retellings of the Adam and Eve story?

Unlike many other retellings, "Origin of Woman" takes a more scientific and analytical approach. While still honoring the core themes and messages of the original story, I have added a new layer of depth and exploration. Additionally, "Origin of Woman" focuses specifically on the origin of womanhood, rather than the entire creation story.

4. How do you address the controversy surrounding the Adam and Eve story in your book?

I acknowledge that there may be some controversy surrounding the Adam and Eve story, particularly in relation to religious beliefs. However, my intention with "Origin of Woman" is not to discredit or challenge any specific beliefs, but rather to offer a new perspective and interpretation of the story that may be thought-provoking and insightful.

5. What do you hope readers will take away from "Origin of Woman: A Genesis Story"?

I hope that readers will be able to appreciate the complexity and beauty of the Adam and Eve story from a new angle. I also hope that "Origin of Woman" will spark conversations and discussions about the origins of womanhood and the intersection of science and spirituality. Ultimately, my goal is to inspire readers to think critically and creatively about this timeless story and its relevance in our modern world.