Good vs. Evil: The Box Office Battle Between The Passion and Hellboy

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Passion
In summary, the top two movies in the US over Easter were The Passion and Hellboy, with The Passion bringing in 7 million more than Hellboy. The Passion of the Christ also had significantly more results on Google, making it the more popular and talked about film. Some may see a deeper meaning in the battle between good and evil portrayed in these two films. However, others may simply enjoy the action and unique characters in Hellboy, particularly the villain Kroenen.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
It just struck me as funny that these were the two top movies in the US over Easter.

1). The Passion
2). Hellboy

Should we look for some kind of deep meaning here? Are we seeing the classic battle between good and evil; where good brought in 17 million and evil brought in 10 million? Looks like good beats evil by 7 million. :biggrin:

And how about that Passion? What a phenomenon. Should we expect conspriracy theories and secret video tapes of midnight meetings between Mel Gibson and the Pope?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I just discovered this site www.googlefight.com

Here are the results.

The Passion of the Christ (5 010 000 results) versus Hellboy (1 840 000 results)

The winner is: The Passion of the Christ

the question is "which one is the better film?" Saving Private Ryan (i know that wasnt of the options but who cares :) )

As far as I know, hellboy was the spawn of satan and cut off his horns (hence the two stumps on his head) to reject satan/evil.

So it's more like the spawn of god getting beaten vs. the spawn of satan beating others/getting beaten.

I was going to make a Hellboy thread. Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed Hellboy, and watching the most badass badguy on the planet: Kroenen. I'm very impress with his unique fighting skills. He's graceful like a dancer but deadly at the same time. My only complaint is they should've made the final battle scene with Hellboy much, much longer.

Last edited:

What is "The Passion of the Hellboy" about?

"The Passion of the Hellboy" is a graphic novel written by Mike Mignola, which follows the story of the demon-turned-superhero, Hellboy. It depicts his struggle to understand his own identity and purpose while facing various supernatural enemies and navigating his relationships with other characters in the story.

Who created "The Passion of the Hellboy"?

"The Passion of the Hellboy" was created by Mike Mignola, an American comic book artist and writer known for his work on the Hellboy series and other popular comics such as Batman and X-Men. Mignola is also known for his distinctive art style, which combines elements of horror, fantasy, and folklore.

Is "The Passion of the Hellboy" part of a series?

Yes, "The Passion of the Hellboy" is part of the larger Hellboy series, which includes various comics, graphic novels, and films. It is the fifth volume in the main Hellboy series and was published in 2005.

What makes "The Passion of the Hellboy" unique?

"The Passion of the Hellboy" is unique because it delves deeper into Hellboy's personal struggles and relationships, adding a new dimension to the character and the overall story. It also incorporates elements of biblical and mythical lore, making it a thought-provoking and visually stunning read.

Is "The Passion of the Hellboy" suitable for all ages?

No, "The Passion of the Hellboy" is not suitable for all ages. It contains graphic violence and mature themes, making it more appropriate for older readers. Parents should use their discretion when deciding if it is appropriate for their children.