Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The Peripatetic Albert

1. Apr 10, 2004 #1
    I am an amateur, reading Einstein's Relativity for the first time.

Naturally, I have questions.

I am not aiming to disprove relativity, nor to flaunt my erudition.

I am just trying to fill out the model so that I can freely "walk around in it".

I would like to correspond with anyone who has read Relativity or who can provide me with able assistance on the concepts exposed by Dr. Einstein.

Any help?

- After all, are we not all mere reference molluscs?

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 12, 2004 #2

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Step 1: Find a better book to learn relativity from than Einstein's Relativity.

Step 2: Read that book instead.

- Warren

4. Apr 12, 2004 #3
    Dear Warren,

Thank you for your advice. At this point, I am fairly happy with Dr. Einstein's "clear explanation that anyone can understand." As you point out, there are probably better exegeses out there, but I feel that Dr. Einstein has done a good enough job, especially as far as SR, for me to begin to understand the model.

In addition, Dr. Einstein's book is the one I have on hand. Undoubtedly, other reference works are valuable and will be helpful. I have found, for instance, J.C.A. Wevers' Physics Formulary quite handy.

But perhaps you can recommend a better book for this investigation. Your recommendation would be welcome.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2004
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook