The Philadelphia Eagles Thread

mattmns said:
Tomorrow should be an easy win for you guys, the redskins are a joke.
Hmm, I guess not.

GENIERE
I don't like to gloat but
Giants win again.

T.O. now suspended for the whole season: http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/PHI/9029398 [Broken]

Hopefully this will help the Cowboys out on Monday :smile:

Do we have a Redskins fan out there? We seem to have everyone in the NFC East but them.

Last edited by a moderator:
enigma
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Well, I don't really follow football (or sports period), but I'm from DC. If noone steps up to take ownership, I can be your whipping boy...

how bad are the skins doing this year?

They are actually doing ok. They beat the Eagles yesterday 17-10. Their record is 5-3, yes 5 wins, 3 losses.

russ_watters
Mentor
TO had a press conference today with his agent, where he read a much more sincere apology. Then his agent went on a 9 minute rant, blaming the media for TO's issues. When a reporter asked the agent if it was is fault (his new agent started working for TO right before these problems started this spring), the agent dodged and TO winked. My prediction: TO will fire his agent shortly, in an effort to salvage his season. I'm on the fence as to whether that'll actually help...

Unlike Keyshawn Johnson, TO actually cares that he isn't playing - and it isn't just the $800,000 he's going to lose for the 4 games he's going to be suspended.

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
enigma said:
Well, I don't really follow football (or sports period), but I'm from DC. If noone steps up to take ownership, I can be your whipping boy...
Ooh...well...um... :blushing: Oh...you probably didn't mean it that way. :redface:

Gokul, you're welcome. :rofl:

loseyourname
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
Trade him to the Raiders. They'll take him, and they'll probably have another high pick this year. The Eagles can pick up LenDale White or DeAngelo Williams, depending on who is available at that pick, and finally have a big back that can carry a heavy workload to complement Westbrook.

Phewwwwwwww!!!!!!!!! Man what an ending!

russ_watters
Mentor
You mean, what a friggin disaster? Yeah, I was there...

Bystander
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Russ, no one can help but like the Eagles --- but, you've really got to have a sense of humor. Otherwise, they'll break your heart.

Been pulling for 'em since the Gabriel-Jaworski days --- 1st & 10, 2nd & 20, 3rd & 30, 4th & 40 --- sigh.

russ_watters said:
This thread will remain open until the Eagles win the Super Bowl. No, that isn't a prediction, just a statement of fact....
....So how 'bout that T.O.?
The Eagles won't win the super bowl untill T.O. post on this therd:rofl:

loseyourname
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
I guess this thread will be open for a couple more years. Then again, the Patriots were in a similar situation the year they beat the Rams for their first title. They had lost five games and didn't look all that good at the midway point, but then pulled it together and won the rest of their games that year.

I'm telling you its the madden video game cover curse. Just look at the facts:

http://www.footballdocs.com/madden_curse.html

McNabb on the cover of Madden '06. What happens the very first game on the very first drive? he gets injured with a shot to the chest. he then gets a sports hernia, bruised shin, and throw some god awful ints to blow games. I am hoping for what lose said...by some miracle, hopefully the eagles will pull it together under McMahon and win the SB. But I don't see that happening.

Looks like this thread will be open for at least another year. McNabb gone for the rest of the season, due to surgery: http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/PHI/9055450 [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Go Eagles Go!

T.O. still hasn't post on this therd

UGHHH!!! Never rely on the Eagles! Flat out pathetic: 6 turnovers.

Who would have thought the Eagles would finish the season last in the division (with no division wins), and 6-10 overall :surprised

Last edited:
I think they'll be back on their feet next year. At least we get a good draft pick!

I still can't believe my Hawks killed you guys 42-0.