The Physics of Astrology: Investigating the Possible Mechanisms and Correlations

• Thread starter quantumcarl
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physics
In summary, this thread is a result of discussions in the other Astrology threads in this area of the Physics Forums. Members are invited to share their ideas or solid data regarding the physics of astrology. Some believe that the differing electromagnetic fields and changing gravitational forces due to planetary alignments may have some effect on humans, citing the phenomenon of lunacy and our ability to sense gravity. However, there is no solid evidence to support this belief and it is also argued that the changes in gravity would be too small to have such a large impact on personalities. Additionally, the positions of the sun and moon have changed since the beginning of astrology, calling into question its accuracy. Some argue that astrology is a pseudoscience and can easily be debunked, while
Originally posted by Kerrie
QC~PLEASE forgive me! That was an embarrasing mistake!

Kerrie, thar jes ain't no mistakes. Its all in them thar stars!

I'm sorry I've not come any further with this topic. Its far too sunny and warm. Its as though we're in the house of the sun these days! Things have gone swimmingly.

I think we need all the info from western and chinese, egyptian and indian, mayan and inuit astrologies (etc...) to start crossreferencing regular physics and astrophysics with those claims and possible mechanisms involved with the above mentioned astrologies.

When this compilation starts to form we may find concrete correlations and we may not. We will most certainly be able to say we looked into it!

Thanks a billion, Carl.