Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The Physics Of Karma

1. Aug 20, 2003 #1
    This is a similar thread to the Physics of Astrology thread.

The first similarity I saw in Karma and Physics was the old axiom from Einstein or one of those dudes.... which goes like this:

"For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction."

I'm not too sure if it applies but... look at the axiom a little closer.

When it says "... and equal and opposite reaction"... its seems to indicate that if I were to sneeze (a tiny, outward action) here on planet earth... somewhere fairly opposite in relation to where I am a large inward action would take place.

If you think about how a sneeze can cause some of the people around you to pick up any viruses you are carrying and send them straight to bed with symtoms (inward reaction)... That, I suppose, could be considered an equally opposite (as in Pandemic) reaction to a small, outward action like sneezing. Whadayafigr?

(footnote: Alan Watts investigated the Eastern Religions, mostly in India, for similarities in their logic to the logic of High Physics... the further Physics goes into its science, the more it looks like the logical processes of the Hindu faith and so on. You may want to "google up" Alan Watts for any information about the crossreferencing he's done, if you're interested. He is a fascinating character.)
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 20, 2003 #2
    Are you talking about your head moving backwards here?
  4. Aug 20, 2003 #3
    So the breath that precedes the sneeze, the one that fuels it's output of air, is discounted?
  5. Aug 20, 2003 #4
    Yes. I'm looking at a broader function when it comes to Karma.

In that bad example a sneeze can be viewed as one action (with all its related mechanisms being considered part of the whole.)

so that

A(=choo)</:::: : : : [4] I(=influence)[sum] [subset]

The result I would like to see is a formula for Karma... if there are any physicists on this forum to help that would be great. Thanks!!!
  6. Aug 21, 2003 #5

What lies below is complete gibberish I made up in 30 seconds, but I post it in the hope that some mad crackpot will fail to see this, and spread it around the word as the authorative statement of a world leading scientist, causing many to send me large cheques. Maybe.

Let K = Karmanic value in fzangstroms. (where one Fzangstrom is equal to the negative karma derived in applying one newton of force in one second with one wooden mallet to one person's head)

dK/dt = (happiness caused * happiness distribution quotient - unhappiness caused * unhappiness distribution quotient) + moral principle factor) * time * Murphy's law constant - Sod's law constant + Fudge factor

The proof of this is left as an exercise to the reader.
  7. Aug 22, 2003 #6
    Thank you FZ+. Heh heh.

I think I'm getting somewhere with my self inflicted perplexation concerning this topic.

here is another axiom or two that will help formulate a formula or formuli that depict Karma in a logical language.

"What you put out is what you get back"... (except there is a large group that says

"what you sow is what you reap"... how ever... many people tag a multiple on the reap end of that equasion... as in x 10.

Why is there a magnitude of 10 added to the consequences of one's actions?

Perhaps this is demonstrated when you see that a seed is very tiny... although very potential. When the seed is sown... it becomes at least 10 times the potency of its original potential.

"What goes around comes around"

This old cloquialism (sp) seems reminisent (sp) of the laws of Karma as well.

When I see the words "goes around"... I imagine a whirlpool or current of some kind so............I'm off to study FLUID MECHANICS to see if I can gleen a formula from there that may pertain to this topic.

thank you... gone fishing!
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2003
  8. Aug 22, 2003 #7
    I see a problem with your math. happineess caused * happiness distribution quotient should be multiplied by the bling bling factor.
  9. Aug 22, 2003 #8

Not if you make relativistic corrections.
  10. Aug 22, 2003 #9

That's only for karma above 10% of the speed of yin/yang. The bling-bling factor helps to approximate for everyday karma.
  11. Aug 22, 2003 #10
    Come one now, no one in the entire recorded History of the planet has ever achieved 10% over the speed of yin/yang.

I know of the 37.5% over the yang/yin factor, factored over the output of the cosmic karmacological constant squared, but that only happens in myotrophic conditions that exceed velocity of the bling chase blang.

So please, stop trying to fool us all like that, thanks!
    (carl is serious you know!!)
  12. Aug 22, 2003 #11
    Here is a brief oversight of the Karmic Equasion. (Its not in algebraic but... may help someone come up with the real thing)

for more of the above explaination see

Now, these guys have described and defined Karma as an energy. There is not much more of a definition than that. So, we may be doing them a favour to come up with a complete diagramatic equation that illustrates the very functions, physiology and place where Karma fits in the universe.

I mean, energy is energy... its completely indifferent... so calling Karma an energy doesn't really help much. But, we could see it as that force that maintains or helps to maintain balance in the universe. Balance tends to be the one touchy thing that the universe requires to remain a universe...

as far as I can see.
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2003
  13. Aug 22, 2003 #12
    Looks like we can put this one to rest: Check this out...

Thank you for your participation... any further discusion would be fun.
  14. Aug 25, 2003 #13
    I think Dr. Iskakov has done a great deal of in-depth work into his expose of his synthesis of religion and science.

It is similar work to that of Alan Watts. Although Dr. Iskakov, I think, has done well to focus on one feature here being Karma... in his attempt to formulate his Physics formula for Karma

AY=0; A'Y'=0;

where the operators have the form

A=2h^2V + i2h o/o t-9;
    A'=2h^2V - i2h o/o t-9.

Here Y denotes the probability density wave (the wave function);
    V, the Laplace operator; 9, the potential energy density, and h,
    Planck's constant.

If there are any physicists passing through it would lend well to this topic to have your opinions on the way the Dr. has boiled down the principles of Karma. Thank you.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?