1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The Poincare group

1. Aug 27, 2012 #1
    Hi all!

I'm trying to study the Poincare group and I have one problem. I'm reading a book: Gross D. Lectures on Quantum Field Theory (there is section about it). So I do not understand how the second part of (3.26 and 3.27) folows from the first part i.e I do not understand how was obtained the commutator.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 27, 2012 #2

K^2

Science Advisor

I don't know why a lot of people assume that everyone here has every single physics book ever written. Can you, maybe, provide the actual formulas you are asking a question about? That dramatically increases the odds that somebody will help you out.

4. Aug 28, 2012 #3

vanhees71

Science Advisor
    2016 Award

Good point. I'd like to help, but have no access to this book now. For the time being, you may have a look at my lecture notes on qft, where you find a lot on the Poincare group and its representations,

http://fias.uni-frankfurt.de/~hees/publ/lect.pdf

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook