Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The (pre) haloween thread

1. Sep 17, 2005 #1

JamesU

Gold Member

only a month and a half! :rolleyes:

I'll tell a haloween story for last year:

Me and my friends were out getting candy (for probably the last time) and The lady who answers the door thinks that one of myt friends is a girl. so the lady gave my friend candy and said 'there you go, little girl' :biggrin: so my friend said 'I'm not a girl!' She responded with 'sure you're not'. My friend was a little mad 'no, I'm really not!'. she was embarassed and just said 'oh'

I always get a laugh out of that :biggrin:

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 17, 2005 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Hey! How was I supposed to know? :devil:

4. Sep 17, 2005 #3

JamesU

Gold Member

ah, I see the realation...she had wrinkly skin and was at least 60 (really)

5. Sep 17, 2005 #4

Evo

:devil: Me thinks yomamma may not be a PF member by Halloween. :devil:

6. Sep 17, 2005 #5

JamesU

Gold Member

no, she really was!

7. Sep 17, 2005 #6
    Last Halloween the doorbell rang, which alarmed me because I wasn't properly dressed, so, donning my Willam Shatner mask, and arming myself with a large kitchen knife, I went to answer it only to find a person standing there in a William Shatner mask holding a large kitchen knife.

Quickly combobbulating myself, I realized it was a tyke of about ten with a full length mirror strapped to himself.

"What are you supposed to be?" I asked.

"I am you," he replied.

"Well, if you're me, then I'm you. Trick or Treat. Give me all your candy or I'll give you seven years bad luck!"

He burst into tears and turned away to his mother, waiting at the end of the walkway; "Momma, Michael Meyers was mean to me!"

"Stop alliterating in public!" she snapped at him, "Wipe your nose and get in the car!"

For the rest of the evening, I couldn't quite get the incident out of my mind.

8. Sep 17, 2005 #7
    Nothing better than making children cry on Halloween! :rofl: :devil:

9. Sep 17, 2005 #8

JamesU

Gold Member

:rofl: that's funny

10. Sep 17, 2005 #9

Evo

I love that story zoob. :biggrin:

11. Sep 18, 2005 #10
    I like pumpkins

12. Sep 18, 2005 #11
    Yes. They're friendly and orange.

13. Sep 18, 2005 #12

JamesU

Gold Member

I like pumpkin piem scaring little kids, etc.

14. Sep 18, 2005 #13

JamesU

Gold Member

since PF runs entirely off premium memberships, I had to get us the economy pumpkin :rolleyes: :

[​IMG]

15. Sep 18, 2005 #14
    Looks like an elephant tried to incubate it while it was growing. It's flaccid.

16. Sep 18, 2005 #15

JamesU

Gold Member

hehe! look, someone tried to carve a person and they look all stup- oh...that's a real person :redface:

17. Sep 18, 2005 #16

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I saw all the Halloween stuff out at the store already and wanted to start decorating. Then I decided maybe I should at least wait until October. :rolleyes: I love Halloween! I doubt I'll get any trick-or-treaters though. I'm out in the middle of nowhere with just two rows of townhouses. There aren't many kids living here in the first place. So, I'll probably just get whatever I like and have it around in case one or two of them come to the door, and then I'll have an excuse to eat the rest.

18. Sep 18, 2005 #17

JamesU

Gold Member

We get a TON of trick or treaters. every year, we elaborately decorate our house for haloween. I think this year we'll be doing a small walk-through haunted house

19. Sep 18, 2005 #18

Evo

I love halloween for me it's the beginning of the holiday season. I used to set up a cauldron with dry ice for the eerie smoke effect. I had an animated Count Dracula that moved. Those were the days.

What are we going to do for our PF Halloween party this year?

20. Sep 18, 2005 #19

JamesU

Gold Member

I have a smoke machine....it's kinda cool, a little noisy. the little kids get scared of it tho :devil:

21. Sep 18, 2005 #20

JamesU

Gold Member

Franzbear will be going trick-or-treating for his first time!!!! look, I showed him some outfits, and I got him the one he was scared of most, he's going as a pair of scissors:

[​IMG]

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?