Does the Present Moment Truly Exist or is it Merely a Concept?

• Thread starter XxFREEofFILTHxX
  • Start date
In summary, the present exists because the universe moves and time is a way to assign measurement to that movement. Past and future represent movement that has happened or will happen, but the present is the only moment that exists. If time doesn't move, then the present is the same as past and future and actions and consequences have no order. This means that the reason I asked the question is because you replied.
XxFREEofFILTHxX
If Time Is Constantly Moving Does This Mean To Say The Present Does Not Exist...if Not Define

-moment Or The Present

Physics news on Phys.org
Be More Specific?...wtf...

You Tell Me...if You Can, What Is Unclear?...

And Another Thing I Read Your "guidlines" What Do You Mean By "theory Development" -philosophy Is Theory Development...

How Do You Think Philosophy Sprang Up? Ideas That Already Existed...hahaha

XxFREEofFILTHxX said:
If Time Is Constantly Moving Does This Mean To Say The Present Does Not Exist...if Not Define

-moment Or The Present

Time doesn't move, the universe moves and time is a way to assign measurement to that movement.

But if we were to look for any sort of steadiness, it's the present. Past and future represent movement that has happened or will happen. Only the present exists, past and future are merely memory and imagination (for consciousness).

WHERE DID YOU COME UP WITH THIS LOAD?

Time doesn't move, the universe moves and time is a way to assign measurement to that movement.

PROVE IT MAN...ITS AS GOOD AS NOTHING TO ME OTHERWISE.

ALL I CARE ABOUT IS PROOF...

I CAN MAKE UP SOMETHING DUMB TOO...

IF TIME DOESNT MOVE THEN U MEAN TO SAY THE PRESENT PAST AND FUTURE ARE THE SAME...AND ACTIONS AND CONSEQUENCES HAVE NO ORDER...IF SO THEN ITS AS GOOD TO SAY THE REASON I ASKED THE QUESTION IS BECAUSE YOU REPLIED...

We Are Obviously Moving In A Progression Somewhere

XxFREEofFILTHxX said:
WHERE DID YOU COME UP WITH THIS LOAD?

PROVE IT MAN...ITS AS GOOD AS NOTHING TO ME OTHERWISE.

ALL I CARE ABOUT IS PROOF...

I CAN MAKE UP SOMETHING DUMB TOO...

IF TIME DOESNT MOVE THEN U MEAN TO SAY THE PRESENT PAST AND FUTURE ARE THE SAME...AND ACTIONS AND CONSEQUENCES HAVE NO ORDER...IF SO THEN ITS AS GOOD TO SAY THE REASON I ASKED THE QUESTION IS BECAUSE YOU REPLIED...

Are you smoking dope?

No, Are You?

You Seem To Be The One Smoking Pot If My Question Is Unclear To You.
Hahaha.

XxFREEofFILTHxX said:
No, Are You?

Well, my theory is either you are drugged out or you forgot to take your lithium. You aren't making sense for some reason.

My Theory Is You Dont Have One...nor A Mind Capible Of Understanding Such An Easy Question..

What Ever Happened To ...this Isnt Theory Development...

Get Out Of Here

When Something Doesnt Make Sense Of Course Its Everybody Elses Fault Before Yours...even The Other Guy Understood...

I gave you a chance, obviously you aren't serious...goodbye.

1. What is "The Present"?

"The Present" is a short film created by Jacob Frey that tells the heartwarming story of a boy who receives a puppy as a present. It has won numerous awards and has been viewed millions of times online.

2. How long is "The Present"?

The film is approximately 4 minutes and 20 seconds long.

3. What inspired the creation of "The Present"?

"The Present" was inspired by a comic strip by Brazilian artist Fabio Coala. The director, Jacob Frey, saw the comic and was moved by its message, so he decided to turn it into a short film.

4. What is the underlying message of "The Present"?

The underlying message of "The Present" is to appreciate the present moment and to not let past experiences or fears hold us back from experiencing joy and happiness.

5. How was "The Present" made?

The film was made using 3D animation software and took about 1.5 years to complete. The team consisted of about 20 people, including animators, sound designers, and composers.